Tango Argentino > Argentine tango - I am currently listening to

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Sagitta, Oct 24, 2004.

1. angelbaby

angelbaby New Member

Will look out for Sentimientos - will ask our tango teacher who put together the CD with narcotango. Also love listening to Santa Maria (del buen ayre).

2. angelbaby

angelbaby New Member

do you have a site i can listen to sentimientos online?

3. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

I found Sentimientos on a 2-CD electro/remix tango album that I bought. Some tracks from this album are available online, but not Sentimientos, it seems.
    So, if you didn't find the track either, you can pm me, I ripped my CD and built a 40-second sample (the full track is around 5 minutes long) of Sentimientos, it will give you an idea.

4. naranjo en flor

naranjo en flor New Member

I've visited the site that was recommended. WWW.FAROLATINO.COM
    I've bought some CDs of Narcotango, Tanghetto and Raul Lavié. And now I am registered at the downloads section. I've downloaded more than 10 tangos that are new to me.

5. Tatiana

Tatiana New Member

Hello, everyone!!!
    I don't think it's so difficult to find some ( even a lot of Tango compositors and orchestras on CDs, especially Piazzolla for he is much more popular than many of classical authors as Canaro or TRoilo although great ones)
    As for me I adore SExteto Mayor, but Narcotango is nice as weel - I have not heard yet any of their music that would not touch me.
    Milonga triste of Sandra Luna ( unfortunately the rest is not as attractive)...

6. pascal

pascal Active Member

These days I'm listening to the most recent CD by the orchestra Color Tango, named "tango a pugliese".
    Old, well-known songs but with the quality of sound you can expect from today CDs.
    Piazzolla is not that easy to find. I'm trying to find the 1984 Vienna live concert, but the closest I found yet is the 1984 Milan live concert, similar but not as good.

7. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

I'm currently listening to "nobleza de arrabal", broadcasted by Radiocubik, directed by Canaro, with Nelly Omar singing. Nice.
    See, While Canaro had a preference for Ada Falcon, he also worked with other singers as well.

8. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

"Responso" performed by Lisandro Adrover from the Forever Tango album.

9. blue

blue New Member

I recently started actually listening to tango music. I guess I recently learned to actually like it. Currently I am listening to some mixed CD:s, mainly the old orchestras but also some Gotan projekt and similar. Plus, I listen to a Finnish group called JPP. They are mainly folk fiddlers, but have made an album which is half tango - not ARgentine, but not quite the typical Finnish style either. Here are small samples, only two tangos though (no 7 and 19) http://www.sternsmusic.com/discography_detailed/2169

I like their version of the jazz song "I've found a new baby" too. :D

10. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

"Invierno Porteno" and "Mi Buenos Aries Querdo" by Barenboim-Mederos-Console. :D

11. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

"Amor tango". I like the orchestra (Color Tango) but not the composer (A. Lapeyre)

12. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

"una llamada" by Tanghetto (album Emigrante). Can't identify any tango in it, it's more like lift muzak, but it's nice to listen to at work. Nicer than the LaserJet(R) printer noise, anyway.

13. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

You remind me that I need to get back into AT. :oops:

14. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

"tango to Evora" by Loreena McKennitt. I prefer the Haris Alexiou's version but I haven't found it yet in the shop around the corner.

15. blue

blue New Member

I currently listen to de Caro. Got a CD from a friend, who just loves de Caro. I can't say I really understand these recordings, though. They don't hit my heart.

16. Hamez

Hamez New Member

Im currently listening to milonga's of all flavors. Im hoping to totaly ingrain them into myself so I can start to slow down and dance other parts of the music. 8)

17. Have you heard "Goyeneche"?

thats the best tango singer Ive heard, tears come out sometimes I listen to him.

18. Sagitta

No. I'll check him out. Thanks. And welcome to df. :)

19. Milonguita

Milonguita New Member

Roberto Goyeneche is indeed incredible...

I'm listening to Pink Martini, they have two songs with a tango beat, called Amado Mio and La Soledad. Fantastic tango...

On a "classical" note, I love Tita Merello. Her "El Choclo" is a roaring call to get off you bum and dance.

20. Sagitta

ok "Zaratustra shaking it" and "Milonguita". Sinec I have never heard of Roberto Goyeneche before what CD would you recommend as the first CD that I get of him?