Tango Argentino > Argentine tango - I am currently listening to

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Sagitta, Oct 24, 2004.

1. ssjss

ssjss New Member

I think any one that dances AT have a couple none Tango song that they like to dance to. I've got mine.

2. Piazzolla and electronic-tango its danced differently. Its like other type of tango... its hard to explain.

3. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

TRex...Electric Warrior....... and I am asking the inevitable question. Can one dance tango or Milonga to this music? (of my youth)

Jeepster has a very hard funky rhythm...

4. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

Blue Monday by Tanghetto, a cover from New Order.

1 person likes this.
  5. bordertangoman

EXCELLENT BOTH VERSIONS

6. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not actually listening to it...but am on the hunt for a version that I can buy as a single, instead of the entire album...

"Weird is Good" by Hans Zimmer from the Matchstick Men soundtrack.

Any thoughts out there, people? It's not on iTunes, it's not on Napster.

7. ssjss

ssjss New Member

http://www.mp3search.ru/album.html?id=10553&ref=5615 try this.

8. Peaches

Thanks, ssjss!

Currently listening to "Milonga Para Alberto" by Tango Crash.

It's got to be the screwiest milonga I've heard yet, and I LOVE it.

It gets played almost every time, late at night, at the milonga I go to. And, people dance to it.

9. bordertangoman

I think Tango Crash are excellent very innovative, jazzy. Never occurred to me to try dancing to "Milonga Para Alberto" but I will.

10. ssjss

ssjss New Member

I just relized that I got over 38 hours of AT music. For some reason this isn't enuff. When are more AT podcast coming. I'm surprised there aren't any neo-tango cast at all.

11. FTL

FTL New Member

I finally got it (Hugo Diaz en Buenos Aires)! It is different but I really like it. Listening to Hugo's harmonica is like listening to Louis Armstrong. It is available through Amazon in the UK.

12. Peaches

"In a Little While" by U2.

Never would have thought of it as a tango, but ended up dancing to it in a lesson, and it works beautifully.

13. Peaches

"El Sonido de la Milonga" by Campo, from Bajofondo Tango Club.

14. Peaches

"Montserrat" by Orquestra Del Plata.

Bringing back great memories of dancing with my teacher to this song. Specifically,

at 3:31--some intense lunges and leg wrap/lunge combos until...
    3:48--cadenas, until...
    3:56--very rapid (obviously) cross-back ochos.

15. Novice

Novice New Member

Just spent this evening listening to the Amelie soundtrack. I can't just name one or even three songs, but at the risk of offending some ballroom fanatics, there are at least one or two lovely vals sets in there...

16. Peaches

I LOVE the Amelie soundtrack!!!

At least one vals from it is always played at the milonga I go to.

Currently wondering if "My Father's Eyes" by Eric Clapton would make a good alternative tango. I think it could.

Likewise, debating if "Lorca's Novena" by The Pogues would work. It's a bit fast...

I think they both will...

17. mikaelaloops

mikaelaloops New Member

from buenos aires

hello, I´m mikaela from buenos aires and I love all this modern tango.
    I`m curently listening to debayres tango and it became my favorite. ..I discovered their first video clip on youtube.com, and it was really awesome!! the song is "I LOVE YOU", and its a mixture of anime, the band`s performance...and two tango dancers, they are fantastic!! I wish I could dance as they do..

hope you find it..and enjoy!

18. Peaches

Hi, Mikaela! YAY, another AT dancer here!!!

I love Debayres! It's another artist that I discovered at the milonga I dance at. "I Love You" is off their cd called Tango, and just about the entire thing is fabulous. My personal favorite from that cd is "Murga Tango" which is a milonga. Awesome.

If you like alternative AT music, try going to ww w.sharnafabiano.com. Follow the link for articles, then the link about alternative music or something, and at the bottom of that page there's a link to her alternative music favorites. There's a lot of good stuff there.

19. bordertangoman

A track called Hazy from the excellent new CD 'Poison Sweet Madeira' by Sophie Solomon, well worth a listen

_w.sophiesolomon.com

20. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

El Adios, in the Donato version.
    As often I bought a whole CD ("Edgardo Donato y sus muchachos") just for one song but in this case it appears there are a few other pieces that I like too (Carnaval de mi barrio, El chamuyo...).