Ballroom Dance > Videos > Ariel Rad Rumba

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Brush Tap, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Brush Tap

Brush Tap New Member

2. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

Oh! His name is Ariel Rad! When I first read it, I thought it was a rumba with ariels in it :confused::roll::nope: (Well, it did have a lift in it.)

I liked the body movement they both had.

3. Masaya

Masaya New Member

Did you guys know that he only started dancing after college, and that he also happens to be a reconstructive plastic surgeon? He's my role model!

4. Casey

Casey Member

Do you know whether Candice Pascal is Ariel's new partner? Is he not dancing w/ Nonci Tirado anymore?

5. Brush Tap

Brush Tap New Member

Actually, I'm pretty sure he started dancing in college, because when I first met him and took lessons from him, he was a first year med student and was quite impressive on the dancefloor then. Maybe Candice is a new partner or was just a partner for this event- they don't seem that familiar with each other chemistry-wise.

6. IlyZislin

IlyZislin Active Member

He is still dancing with Nonci from what I understand, and Candice is an am who is now in NYC and is looking for a partner

7. Casey

Casey Member

Thanks, IlyZislin! Then Candice is probably the one with the connection to that festival in France - I was wondering whether it was Ariel because of his French partner before Nonci. Just curious!! --

8. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

Really nice way to " milk " fan position . A very clean routine and an Alamana, danced with integrity .

Beginners -- take note !

9. Masaya

Masaya New Member

Hmm, well he said to me in an inspiring e-mail that he started just out of college, but either way he's really good considering how late he's started :)

10. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

You're both right. Med school is after college in the US, so a first year med student is "out of college."

11. Brush Tap

Brush Tap New Member

I thought he had come directly from undergrad to med school, but maybe he took a few years off in between and just stayed in that area... that would make sense with what you say. Whenever it was he started, years and years and years of hours and hours and hours of practicing those rumba walks has obviously paid off!

12. kimV6

kimV6 New Member

i remember the first time i saw ariel and nonci dance (at DCDI for a showdance), and then my mentor told me his life story, and i thought to myself, why can't my life unfold like that?
    i hear he was a championship swimmer before he took up dancing.

13. Me

Me New Member

Glad to know I wasn't the only one!

If I'd pull my head out of my butt every now and then maybe I'd learn something about ballroom, eh?