Dance Ads > Assorted dresses for sale

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by sunderi, Sep 14, 2004.

1. sunderi

sunderi New Member

I have quite a collection of dresses offered for sale. I have offered to be a central location for people at my studio to sell dresses they no longer wish to keep.

Some are dresses I have worn, some are dresses that belong to people I know, several are dresses purchased by someone who never got a chance to wear it (didn't fit, changed their mind, etc.). Some are new, some are used. Most of them are in the 6-10 size range, but I have a few smaller and a few larger. These dresses go all the way from professional level competition gowns to dresses appropriate for newcomers. I have many latin/rhythm dresses and smooth, but only a few standard dresses.

If you have any interest, just drop me a private message with what you are looking for, size, etc, and I can send pictures.

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Cool! Thanks. :D

3. sunderi

sunderi New Member

Just wanted to bump this up because (again) I'm trying to clean out my closet and sell some dresses. I'll post a brief description of what I've got, and if you're interested, please let me know and we can discuss further. :) I will accept offers on all of the dresses.

(I'm also going to try to insert images . . . we'll see how that goes . . .)

Black/red smooth dress, size M (approx. 4 – 8 ) with hundreds of Swarovski stones in Light Siam AB and Jet. Skirt is chiffon and organza with wire hem. Built in dance pants. Excellent condition, worn twice by a professional dancer (me!) in competition. I'm asking $225 for this one.

Pink/bright orange smooth dress, size M, with sequins and Swarovski stones in Crystal AB. Brand new, never worn. An excellent choice for someone ready to move up to their first ballgown. I'm asking $200 for this one. (I no longer have the neck drape that is pictured in the image.)

Bright neon green rhythm dress, VERY SMALL (size XS petite – might even work as a child’s size), with great neon green fringe. Over 400 Swarovski stones in Peridot, Jonquil and Crystal AB. Dress is made of hologram lycra, and is a little stretchy. Brand new, never worn, excellent condition. I'm asking $250 for this one.

Two piece rhythm dress in teal, size M, with fringe. Over 350 Swarovski stones in Sapphire and Turquoise. Dress material is teal with sparkles. Top ties at neck. Matching dance pants included. Brand new, never worn, excellent condition. I'm asking $200 for this one.

Attached Files:

4. This is unrelated to the dress topic but I was wondering ... if you fall seven times, wouldn't you just have to get up 7 times as well? :)

5. pygmalion

Nice dresses, sunderi. I love the red and black one -- could swear I'd seen it on a website somewhere. :? Either way, nice. Very nice. :)

6. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

too funny!

7. pygmalion

That's the point. Losers fall down seven times and get up six times. Winners fall down seven times and get up seven times or eight or nine. There's not all that much difference between winning and losing ... but there's all the difference in the world, IMO. :cool:

8. Oh, I understand that you have to get up after you fall to be a winner, but why would you have to get up 8 times if you only fell 7? Wouldn't you only have to get up 7 times? Anyway, I don't mean to nitpick, just wondering if there was a reason the proverb says 8 ... was a bit confused ... :)

9. ACtenDance

ACtenDance Active Member

maybe the guy that made it up was sitting down at the time

10. Kitty

Kitty New Member

right
    he had to get up before starting falling in the first place

11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

"Losers always whine about 'their best.' Winners go home and F the prom queen."

A real winner wouldn't fall down in the first place. ;)

12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

omg ...I think I ned to go back to bed...i'm starting to understand you...nah, that cant be right

13. That makes sense :)

14. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the prom queen usually has an STD, and therefore, winning isn't everything!

15. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

You hijack "Dress for Sale" threads now??? :shock: We've fallen to new lows.

Twilight Elena

16. pygmalion

Good point, T_E. :) :cool:

Back on topic. sunderi, how goes it with the dresses for sale?

17. sunderi

sunderi New Member

Actually, really well. :) I've sold (tentatively -- as in, they're interested, and say they're buying them, but I don't actually HAVE the check yet) 3 dresses of the ones I'm trying to sell. (None of them were listed in this post.) I feel like I'm getting a fair price for them, and I think the buyer does too, so I think it works out.

I still have a BUNCH of dresses to sell, if anyone is looking for anything in particular, I'm happy to send pictures, so let me know. :)

Actually, let's see if I can find some other pictures to attach . . . (Contact me if you're interested in any of these, as well, and I can give you more information, more pictures, and we can work out a price . . . )

Really, people, I'm just trying to get RID of these, so if you're interested AT ALL in any of them, let me know -- we can work something out. :)

Attached Files:

18. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Maybe I should try selling my old ballgowns here.

19. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

well im not even gonna ask what size you are

20. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Oooooohhhh! Please do! I want to see what Joe's response is! :lol: