Tango Argentino > AT is sooooooooo kewl! :D :D :D :D

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Genesius Redux, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

Oh you don't have to worry about my LW. We regulary dance with others. :cool:

IME, Only non-dancers seem to have a problem with their SO's dancing with strangers :shock:

2. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

oy, yoy yoy.:sigh: What can you say to this?. If there is nothing that you don't like do lack any taste or discrimination. There is plenty that I like in different genres, but when some music is played I can feel the will to live, never mind dance, ebbing away.

3. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Very, very true, IME.

All the same though, I try to be very mindful of SO's who are also at a dance. Purely out of respect.

4. Peaches

Well, I can't say as how I've ever run across music that's sapped my will to live. Make me cry, sure. But even with that, I think it'd be beautiful to try dancing AT to it. Something about the emotions being so near to the surface could make for a (potentially) mindblowing experience, I should think.

There's plenty of music that I don't like. And, I've got some preferences, sure. But AT is AT--it's all good. Just let me dance...

5. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

Likewise. When I dance with someone else's SO, I make sure I acknowledge the presence and approval of their male companions. My female partners on the other hand would do the same to my wife.

In all cases, when I'n done with my partner, I walk them back to their SO, and say thank you for the priviledge of dancing with theirs.

... I think this needs to be a new thread.

Okidoki,

Starting new thread on this subject: "Dancing AT with others' SO" click here---> http://www.dance-forums.com/showthread.php?t=16344

Starting new thread on this subject: "Tandas & Cortinas" click here---> http://www.dance-forums.com/showthread.php?t=16346

6. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

So GR, How's your AT journey going? :D

7. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

I actually feel 2 tandas of tango folowed by one of vals, and then 2 tandas of tango followed by one of vals, is "sooooooooo kewl".

And yes, I'll dance AT to songs played at Ballroom socials, and sometimes whether or not it's an AT tune. :D

8. Tanguera

Tanguera New Member

I don't care too. :)
    I like dancing AT, and I dance it almost to each kind of music. But if I am at a milonga, I like most when tandas are played, since I can choose my partner (and being chosen) also for the music which comes next.
    :D

9. CeeCee

CeeCee New Member

I think it often depends who you're dancing with. I don't do "giggling and goofing" when I dance AT but with the right leader, who knows?

I know a guy who has a regular dance partner and when they dance together they giggle all of the time. (I have to admit it looks a bit strange as I've no idea what they find so funny.) However, when he dances with me he is "serious and dignified" and he describes the dance as a very different experience.

10. Peaches

There is one guy I met last summer (who I have not seen since then, most unfortunately) who was just an absolute cut-up. Usually I'm not a laugher. But he knew I was nervous the first time I danced with him, and he just took to making me laugh and relax. And it was wonderful. It's hard not to laugh when he's seeing what he can get away with leading--to the point of trying to dance me up and down stairs, or making zooming car noises when trying to navigate around people. He stands out as one of my most favorite guys to dance with, and I desperately wish I could run into him again.

What can I say. I dance to have fun. Laughter is fun. It's all good.

11. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

Well, only had two lessons so far--and Anna and I are also working on BR competition. So I'm having to intersperse the lessons with a lot of music and reading. I've got a few other people partly interested in forming a little AT society and sharing the teacher. So we'll see....