Event Announcements > Atlantic DanceSport Challenge April 24, 2010

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by emeralddancer, Jan 27, 2010.

1. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

Mark your calendars for Saturday, April 24, 2010.
    You will want to set aside the full day for this “not to be missed” competition, dancing and shows! Igor and Polina are preparing -- the Atlantic DanceSport Challenge!!! They have reserved the Marriott Baltimore Hunt Valley Inn in picturesque Hunt Valley, MD to hold their competition this year! This competition is sure to please all who are involved: competitors, spectators, family and friends! Please see the flier or call Atlantic Ballroom at 410-825-5483 for more details! The event details and registration will be up on the website soon!
    www. atlanticdancesportchallenge.com.

Atlantic DanceSport Challenge

*1 Day Event
    *Open to ALL Amateur and Pro/Am couples
    *Over $10,000 in prizes
    *2 Professional Shows by
    Nikolai Pilienchuk & Natalia Skorikova and
    Kirill Gorjatsev & Olga Chekhova
    *Dinner and Dancing w/DJ

Organizers: Igor & Polina Pilipenchuk

revised cover pink-3.jpg

And anyone interested ... Atlantic Ballroom is having it's first dance social of 2010 on Saturday, February 13th! Come celebrate Valentine's Day with Atlantic ... bring your sweetie or a friend! =)

valflier.jpg

2. emeralddancer

Entry forms are up on the website!

3. emeralddancer

Online registration is now up on the site.

Side note: online registration is for AM/AM partnerships. If you dance Pro/Am you have to do it the 'ol fashioned way ... print the forms! :)

4. emeralddancer

Solo Exhibitions have been added to the event. Call Igor or Polina for the details.

Only 3 weeks until the competition. REGISTER NOW!!!!!:banana::banana:

5. emeralddancer

So ... less than 2 weeks to register for the event.

There are some really cool things going on for this competition. REALLY you will want to come! Register, bring your friends!!!!!!!!

Believe it or not ... a lot of entries in pro/am, just not online. I am amazed at the pros and their students who are coming.

Also am entries are up.

People are just really excited.

We have plenty of vendors too! (see website as it will be updated shortly!!!!!)

I honestly believe people will be pleasantly surprised at what Igor and Polina are doing.

The hotel is beautiful and easily accessible with free parking. The packages are outstanding if you choose to stay over night. The food at the restaurant is incredible. Vendors you are familiar with. Fantastic officials. Huge ballroom, plenty of space.

This is not to be missed!!!!! =)

6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Any ideas when Champ Standard will be danced?

7. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

how much time will be between senior pre-champ and champ amateur events, is there approximate schedule of the events?

8. emeralddancer

Letting everyone know that Lisa Bentley of Glamour Puss will be at the competition for hair and makeup. If you want to make an appointment with her please call her at 302.323.1933.

9. emeralddancer

Tentative Schedule of Events
    9:00 a.m. - Registration / Doors Open

Matinee Session: 10:00 a.m.

* Pro/Am and Amateur American Smooth - All Age Categories
    Bronze through Open Gold Single Dance Events

* Pro/Am and Amateur International Standard - All Age Categories

* Pro/Am and Amateur Smooth and Standard
    Multi-Dance Events and Scholarships

2:00 p.m.
    * Pro/Am and Amateur American Rhythm - All Age Categories

* Pro/Am and Amateur International Latin - All Age Categories

* Pro/Am and Amateur Rhythm and Latin
    Multi-Dance Events and Scholarships

6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Cocktails and Dinner

Evening Session: 7:30 p.m.

* Pro/Am and Amateur Smooth, Standard, Rhythm and Latin
    Open Scholarships and Atlantic DanceSport Challenge Events

* Professional Show

Smooth Champions: Kirill Gorjatsev and Olga Chekhova

Latin Champions: Nikolai Pilipenchuk and Natalia Skorikova

Farewell and General Dancing

10. emeralddancer

in the evening Joe

11. emeralddancer

going by the usa dance rule at least 20 minutes between each event. (per Polina)

I added to this the tentative schedule.

12. emeralddancer

Remember too ... entries are still coming in ... much of this will be finalized a few days prior to the event.

Be patient and also realize this event now growing and becoming bigger and better than in the past!

The Pilipenchuk's are doing an outstanding job of providing the best for all who are involved and decide to attend! =)

Hope to see you there!

13. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Actually, there is no such rule. There is a rule that there be 4 minutes per dance between rounds of the same event (so 16 minutes between Prechamp semi and final, ferinstance).

14. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

For amateur champ standard, is there a scholarship and a separate chamionship event you have to dance in order to do the scholarship, like at NDCA events? Because it seems that amateur standard multi-dance events are listed in the morning while the amateur scholarship, as announced above, is danced at night. So as champ standard competitors, do we have to be there in the morning to dance the amateur championship in order to dance the amateur scholarship at night?

I wish the schedule didn't co-mingle pro/am and am events and names because it gets really confusing what applies to whom and who dances when. E.g. there is no "open gold" in amateur, just "gold", and amateur is usually called a championship not a scholarship unless there are two separate events, as in some NDCA comps, where you have to dance the championship in order to even be able to register for the scholarship...

15. emeralddancer

My suggestion (since I am only a student whom has NOT competed yet and therefore understands not a whole lot.) Call Polina and Igor. THEY will happily answer your questions. (REALLY they WILL)

or email Nik .... he may be able to answer too.

As far as merging events .... it is a one day comp. This is the first time they are doing am and pro/am. Give it a chance. Never know, you may just be pleasantly surprised!!!!!

I know for a FACT Polina and Igor are making this comp something people will want to come to again and again. People have contacted them and they are doing so much to make everyone feel comfortable. So I am sure they understand what people are saying or are concerned about and can answer your questions directly if you call them.

I am sorry I can not be more of a help.

16. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

curious about the results in open standard all age groups, anyone?

17. emeralddancer

They will be online at some point. =)

18. emeralddancer

I would like to thank everyone who came to the comp to compete or to spectate. What a great night and a great group of people.

19. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

I'll do some results in the main Ballroom section...because I think we've gone a little beyond the scope of "Event Announcements"! ;)