Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Gumby, Oct 4, 2007.
Any one going?
Yep this one's in SF.
I'll be there working. See you when you check in, Gumby
I'll be there - spectating, possibly heckling, too. Slightly off-topic, I think Berkeley Beginners' is that weekend, too.
Yes, it's on Saturday. I told my friends from the Cal Poly team to come up and dance Novice on Friday at Autumn Dance Classic, and then take their beginners to the comp at Cal the next day.
I'll have to see if anyone actually does this
Stanford . . .
What about Stanford?
Lots of dancers!
Thanks for confirming, Laura. The Berkeley Beginners' site hasn't been updated since April and I didn't think there'd be two competitions on the same day.
Stanford is just barely back in session and won't even have their first team meeting until October 13th, so I doubt we'll see many Stanford people. And Cal doesn't seem to take the team to NDCA comps, plus they're running their own Beginner's Comp the same weekend, so I'm sure they'll all be busy with that.
It's possible that there are people reading this forum who are curious to know what time their events will be at next weekend's Autumn Dance Classic. Well, hang on a bit longer -- I'm going to get all the comp data either later tonight or tomorrow afternoon, and so will put a timeline on the web site tomorrow night.
See you there!
I've put a timeline of the Schedule of Events online.
Okey dokey folks, we've got some results....
Rising Star Standard
1) Ikaika Dowsett & Katya Afanaseva
2) Youriy Pavlov & Anna Shabazyan
3) Scott Dodson & Annica Menicutch
4) Bill Bisko & Kaori Asano
5) Mark & Andrea Nelson-Novak
Rising Star Smooth
1) Youriy Pavlov & Anna Shabazyan
2) J.C. Yeh & Kalina Kovtun
Rising Star Rhythm
1) Sean Tamashiro & Jennifer Suzuki
2) Patrik Gallineaux & Angie Major
3) Frederico Moreno & Darlene McKay
4) Bud Ayers & Melissa Lenon
Rising Star Latin
1) Roman Italyankin & Olga Kordevich
2) Dmitry & Violetta Kurakin
3) David Valenzuela & Corina Pirvuica
Open Pro/Am Rhythm Scholarship
1) Sue Lancaster with Alexander Ivanov
2) Lilia Abellanosa with David Stewart
Jim Kleinrath & Melody Singleton
Open Pro/Am Standard Scholarship
1) Dima Ksendzovsky with Diana Surkis
2) Joanna Lipinski with Rex Lewis
3) Ken Liu with Erin Pick
4) James Kleinrath with Alise Halbert
5) Carl Woodard with Grace Kato
6) JoAnn McMahon with Sergey Malko
Open Professional Smooth
1) Youriy Pavlov & Anna Shahbazyan
2) J.C. Yeh & Kalina Kovtun
1) Yaniv Inbar & Morgan Ames
2) Daniel Post & Monika Olkiewicz
3) Ken Wong & Regina Pareigis
4) Todd Marsden & Susanna Hardt
5) Antonio & Alexia Cardenas
Open Professional Latin
1) Vaidotas Skimelis & Jurga Pupelyte
2) Alexander Andreev & Irina Domokurova
3) Dmitry & Violetta Kurakin
4) Roman Italyankin & Olga Kordevich
5) Leonid Proskurov & Aliona
6) David Valenzuela & Corina Pirvuica
Congratulations to all!
Well I'm about 7 hours post comp and still tired as hell but back at work cause bills must be paid.
Thanks to Laura and all the staff and ADC which made it a great event. The dance floor still stinks and some ticket issues were a bit chaotic but all in all a nice small comp.
Nearly all the pro/am heats were contested. The music was good and results were up quickly. Hopefully we can get some more people in the future to share a great little comp.
Congrats to my studio - TOP STUDiO and my extraordiary studdly instructor who was top teacher.
Didn't actually get to talk to my DFer's except Laura but I felt like I talked with a billion people.
I have more results (from Sunday) to put up but I can't do it right now...I got food poisoning from the salmon I had for dinner at that hotel. I hear that it's slated for demolition in 2010. I can't wait.
Anyway, nice to see everyone, now I'm going to go back to sleep.
Hope you're feeling better soon Laura!
Separate names with a comma.