Dance Ads > Ballgown for sale

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by skwiggy, Jul 5, 2005.

1. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

I'm selling this elegant hunter green ballgown, made by one of DF's own! (Not me. ;) )

I received a compliment on this elegant hunter green ballgown from at least one judge almost every time I wore it. It's crushed stretch panné with stretch illusion top and sleeves, and an open back. It's generously decorated with a mixture of Swarovski topaz AB, Czech topaz and Czech topaz AB rhinestones, and comes with matching scarf. It has gorgeous sparkle even on a dimly lit floor. Wired hem, and built in bra cups and body suit. It's very stretchy, and flattering to a variety of figures (about size 8-12). It's in good condition. Send me a PM for more pictures.

I'm asking $300 USD or best offer.

[​IMG]

Stacey

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Beautiful. :D 8)

3. Laura

Laura New Member

By the way, I have unilaterally declared that it's time velvet came back into fashion for competition ballgowns. (And my dance coach/sewing partner agrees with me.) So snap this one up now and be ahead of the trend!!

4. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Not a criticism, just a question: isn't velvet kind of heavy/hot to dance in (vs. other dress materials)?

5. Laura

Laura New Member

I don't find it to be much worse than any of the other matte lycras out there. It does have a heavier/solid look, but that can be used as a design feature and gives you some different choices architectually. I have some ideas that I'm going to be fooling around with this fall :)

I find matte stretch velvet to be especially good for women of size like myself because the nap and the weight of the fabric help to disguise figure flaws that become more apparant when under lighter-weight fabrics.

6. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I can't see the picture (and I copied the properties address into my browser...no luck.) Is it anywhere else??

7. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I can't see the picture either. :(

8. mamboqueen

Hmmm....lemme get her attention!

9. Laura

Laura New Member

Oh, I didn't realize you were talking about me. I didn't make this dress though -- I was just talking about it because it was triggering my love of all things velvet. And I can see the picture fine too, so I don't know what is going on.

10. mamboqueen

Okay, now I see a HUGE dress *LOL* Actually, I e-mailed you (or someone) about this dress once before. Did you have it listed on bdc?

Would this fit someone, say 5'7"? Might work for me. Can you e-mail me a couple more pics?

11. skwiggy

It appears that the site where the pic was posted was down for a bit, but it's back up now.

And no, Laura didn't make it. Should we have a contest to see who can guess which DFer made it? :wink:

12. skwiggy

Yup, it's listed on BDC. That was you?! :D

Actually, I've received several inquiries. Which one were you? :wink:

13. mamboqueen

Hmmm.....lemme guess...it was a rather spirited, witty, wise-cracking man??

14. skwiggy

No fair! You guessed way too easily. :tongue:

15. skwiggy

MQ - check your PMs. I'm happy to send more pics. I'm not sure about the length though. I'm 5'5" without shoes, and you can see in the pic how long it is on me with heels.

16. skwiggy

Agreed on all counts. The dress gets a little hot, but not any hotter than any other long sleeve gown I've worn. Besides, the sleeves themselves aren't velvet, and the back is wide open. And it is definitely very flattering to help disguise imperfections, IMHO.

17. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

:oops:

18. mamboqueen

I was going to add "handsome", but I really don't know just yet. I'll guess "yes", though :)

19. Laura

Laura New Member

I've seen video of him dancing. Not only is he handsome, but his dancing is handsome too!

20. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Oh! Now I'm dying of curiosity. Our own dearly loved wise-cracking guy makes beautiful dresses, AND dances handsomely and (okay. I've gotta go there) is handsome, too? Oh my goodness! 8) :D