Dance Websites > Ballroom Baby Vlog

Discussion in 'Dance Websites' started by TinyDancer109, Feb 28, 2013.

1. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

This channel is dedicated to helping ballroom newcomers in their journey with explanations, tips, advice, DIY's, how-to's, etc. All your questions visually answered by demonstration here!

Please feel free to give feedback, ask questions, comment, share, subscribe, etc...

https://www.youtube.com/user/BallroomBabyVlog

The more interest I have, the more often I'll post!

Thank you!

llamasarefuzzy, singndance and Chr0n like this.
  2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

How awesome of you to put together this vlog! :) Very useful information.

3. TinyDancer109

thanks so much, P! :) It was an idea i had a while ago that I couldn't really put together until recently. I always felt it might be useful to have visual demos out there for people to take note of!

4. pygmalion

Very cool. The video about choosing Latin shoes will be SO helpful to many. Seriously. How many threads are there her in DF on that very topic? It's very, very nice to have a visual. Thank you so much! :) I'm looking forward to upcoming installments. :)

TinyDancer109 likes this.
  5. pygmalion

Tanning would be a great topic. So would undergarments/avoiding wardrobe malfunctions. Hose/fishnets. Practice wear. I'd love to see something about grooming. Stage presence.

Still thinking. I think this vlog is an awesome idea, TD. :) I wish you the best of luck with it. And oh btw, at the risk of sounding old school, how do I subscribe? :oops:

6. TinyDancer109

Thank you soooo much, P! Your enthusiasm is so encouraging! :D

And thank you for the ideas and suggestions! I really want this to be as interactive as possible... feedback and topic requests, ideally, would be the driving force of the videos. I would love to get to a point where I am getting enough requests to post a video every week.

If you would like to subscribe, go to my channel (click the link in the first post). There is a "Subscribe" button at the top of the page next to the title of my channel, "BallroomBabyVlog". Click the "subscribe" button. If you already have a google account, just sign in. If you don't already have a google or youtube account, you will have to create one by clicking the button in the upper right hand corner "Create an Account".

The new account gives you access to a bunch of google tools like gmail, youtube, google documents, calendar, etc. If you subscribe to channels on youtube, you will get emails to your gmail account whenever that person uploads new videos.

Hope that wasnt too confusing!

7. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

excellent video, and hopefully there will be more on the way!

8. Chr0n

Chr0n Member

Very good videos! If only there was something like this for men too :p

9. TinyDancer109

Thanks Bailamosdance and Chr0n! And yes, the feedback has been decent, so I will definitely post another one soon!

Actually, my original intent was for the series to address issues for both genders. Unfortunately, since I lack experience on the challenges faced by newcomer leaders, I don't have quite as much material for them. I did attempt to include them in my latin shoe video... i recorded a short explanation for men's shoes as I understand them... but I later discovered that the sound quality on that clip was very poor, so I had to chuck it.

I definitely appreciate the suggestion - I encourage leaders to please subscribe anyway and make your inquiries... I will find a way to answer! Perhaps I can even feature experienced leaders in some vlogs to clarify. I will definitely try to incorporate leaders and the questions they have in my videos too!

10. Chr0n

Chr0n Member

Thanks for the clarification! Looking forward to your future videos.

11. TinyDancer109

Hey Everyone!

Just posted the latest video last night! Sorry it took a while but i have been swamped with work and dance! But ill be posting another one very shortly (next week or 2) just to make it up to everyone! :)

This one is about Practice Wear - please make sure to check it out!

Enjoy!

SarahV and Larinda McRaven like this.