Event Announcements > Ballroom OFF Fifth

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by gingerbread, Oct 24, 2007.

1. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

That is the new name of the studio, now on West 37th street in Manhattan. Come on by, it's a little smaller than we might like, but still very nice. I haven't seen the usual crowd that practiced at the old place. Any reason?

2. dance234

dance234 New Member

They're too busy sticking their noses up and running into people at all the other studios in town?

3. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

its kinds SMALLLL

4. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's a little small.

Is Katusha teaching there?

5. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I believe I saw Kitty there last night.

6. Katarzyna

I think Katusha is iN NJ for now... havent seen her in the city in a WHILE.. we had a lesson there today, but for actual practice, its kind of hard

7. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Do you know what studios she is teaching at?

8. Katarzyna

9. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

Short version is that the old studio had a near monopoly on high level standard due to its large (or at least long) unobstructed floor, and the leading teachers who came to dance on it. But it's been closed for long enough that everyone had to find other places. The new studio has some nice things to offer, but it's more in peer competition with the places people have been in the meantime. I would expect people will be back from time to time, but it doesn't seem likely that the whole crowd will reassemble there, nor would it be possible to dance much if we all did.

Also, I haven't seen any official opening announcement / grand opening party invitation / whatever. Always makes sense to do that before asking where everybody is...