Dancers Anonymous > Beginnings

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Nov 20, 2003.

1. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Beginnings
    ~Flavia

Time gives to us wonder of a new century. When everything in nature is reborn and becomes part of the circle of life.

Our yesterdays disappear and within these new beginnings we discover bright and golden moments. These sacred moments are the gentle caretakers of our tomorrows and hold all of our unborn dreams.

Embrace and celebrate as you weave the sunlight into your days and pattern the moonlight into your nights. Become aware of the glory that is time and know that every moment shared gives more than it takes.

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Like it, liked it! :)

I just didn't like the first sentence, "Time gives to us the wonder of a new century." It wouldn't be as appropriate somewhere closer to the middle of the century. However, I liked the poetry of the passage....the evocative imagery conjured up as I read it out aloud...

3. SDsalsaguy

I agree with you but, fortunately for us I guess, we're still at the start of a century! :D

The line I really liked was "every moment shared gives more than it takes."

4. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

Agreed and so true!

5. SDsalsaguy

Isn't it though? It can be hard to let go of all of your other considerations -- i.e. bills to pay, reports to write, projects to complete, etc. -- and really share time with people, but when you do, it really is amazing what you get back from the experience.

6. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

It seems that so often in life we are rush, rush, rushing to get done with work to get to spend time with family, friends, etc. but when we finally get to that time to spend with others, there are still a million things that need to get done so rather than enjoying the precious time with them, we think about everything else that needs to get done.

It really boils down to living each day to the fullest with no regrets, and no worries. Live each day as though it were your last.

Do you know what's really sad? Nine time out of ten, if you ask someone, "If you only had one week to live, how would you spend it?" most people will say something along the lines of "I'd spend more time with my family and friends and less time at work and rushing through life." It's said to think we drive ourselves to the very end and then realize what we're missing along the way.

Time spent with others is emotionally/physically rewarding and is simply good for the soul. I think it is human nature to crave the interaction, whether it's through face-to-face contact, phone converstaions, letters, emails, or even forums. I find the time I spend in this Forum extremely beneficial. It always lightens my mood and reminds me there's life outside of work.

Human interaction, friendships, relationship forming, and love are all vital to life and happiness.

7. SDsalsaguy

All good points DD. As I told one friend several years back, I've never heard of anyone lying on their death bed saying "I wish I'd spent more time at work."

8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Have you ever read "How to Take Control of Your Time and Your Life" by Alan Lakein? It's a classic time management book, which I highly recommend. But it makes the same point. Check out the chapter on setting goals. It talks about prioritizing what's important to you, in terms of your values. A good read. :D