Dancers Anonymous > Being "unsexy"

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by FancyFeet, Jul 17, 2015.

1. CaliChris10

CaliChris10 Active Member

:)

2. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

Happily, I do a lot of things that are unsexy. I think it's what makes me, me. I like to do things that are sexy, too. I walk around most of the time with no makeup, hair not done, whatever comfortable clothes are clean and match. So when I dress up, do the hair and makeup thing, and dance, I'm like a different person. People who know me reasonably have actually not recognized me in that state. But it's something I like to save and do only every once in a while.

But then, I also know how to be sexy as hell while wearing sweats. :)

3. CaliChris10

^ buts thats my point, if you are sexy, you are sexy. Does not matter if you have makeup on or not or if you are wearing sweats. Or are dressed up to the nines.
    Sexiness comes from within. You can’t buy it. You can’t make it and you can’t copy it.

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

There are plenty of people who I find only situationally sexy in other words sometimes I think they are and sometimes I think they aren't. It is something that can come and go ...ask anyone who's ever been divorced

Dancing Irishman and twnkltoz like this.
  5. twnkltoz

It's a matter of personal taste. My boyfriend finds me sexy no matter what. One of my exes, who is still a great friend, is much more material and wants his girl in makeup and dresses and hair done. He found me sexy as I was without that, but urged me to fit the image. Some men don't find me sexy at all. And I'd be willing to bet I can find people who didn't find Marilyn Monroe sexy.

6. CaliChris10

lol! Just because you no longer find them sexy doesn't mean they are no longer sexy! Their sex appeal doesn't disappear because you divorce them!
    Edit: But it is interesting how you can be so into someone and then can't stand them :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  7. CaliChris10

She was an example and is a world wide sex symbol to this day.

8. twnkltoz

That is because a large number of people find her sexy. That doesn't change the fact that attractiveness and sexiness is subjective.

9. twnkltoz

Finished reading the post...it's odd and sad to me that people would choose not to do things they would enjoy or that would improve their life--things that would bring no harm to anyone--because of what someone might think.

Bailamosdance, stash and IndyLady like this.
  10. CaliChris10

Generally, yes. But there are instances where is is undeniable. It would be hard to find a person(Man or woman)who did not find lets say, Marlon Brando or Sean Connery attractive. or Angelina Jolie or Sophia Loren. There are some people when they walk in a room jaws drop. Double takes are taken. Undeniable.
    I know a guy who everyone is crazy about. Guys have bro crushes and all the girls think he is dreamy. And I am talking all.
    Of course it can be subjective. I might find a guy sexy and you don't see it at all. I was just stating that it is not always the case.

11. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Any statement with an all or none always or never in debate is always false Oops. Another always

Only Math and some sciences are absolutes

Bailamosdance and stash like this.
  12. Mr 4 styles

Cali Chris of your list of four I only find Sophia Loren attractive. So I'm that guy

13. Mr 4 styles

Even Sophia vergara is not universally found sexy. Go figure!!

14. CaliChris10

lover-marlon-brando-lovers-4328.jpg th.jpeg th.jpeg
    you mean to tell me that you don't think Marlon Brando was an attractive man? Or Sean Connery?

15. Mr 4 styles

Nope too short and too hairy respectively. Not built enough either. No bromance here. The rock or Chris hemsworth. Maybe :eek::eek:

stash and leee like this.
  16. CaliChris10

I agree with the Rock.
    Too short?? Doesn't matter when you are horizontal :p...
    The Rock reminded me...Ya know who is really hot? Jason Mamoa!! Woof!

17. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

Marlon Brando doesn't do anything for me. I like Sean Connery but more in a fatherly wisecracking way, not in a crush way. Angelina Jolie's lips are distracting, and not in a good way.

My picks are Jennifer Lopez and Lorenzo Lamas (ignoring his personal life).

18. Mr 4 styles

Lol you bad !!My wife loves Jason

CaliChris10 likes this.
  19. leee

leee Well-Known Member

Rock waaaay too massive for my taste, but he is very charismatic. Hemsworth is borderline, physique-wise.

@CaliChris10: Sean Connery? You mean Indiana Jones's dad??

20. Mr 4 styles

Yes to j lo