Dancers Anonymous > Best Acting Duo in History

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Spitfire, May 4, 2003.

1. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

What pair of actors who often were together in the same movie do you feel is/was the best?

My choice is Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas.

2. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

For best comedy duo:
    Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Abbott and Costello, hands down! :D

Close second, Kathryn Hepburn and Spencer Tracy. :together:

4. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

Laurel and Hardy had something special!

5. pygmalion

I forgot about Bogie and Bacall. :shock: Casablanca. Key Largo. The Big Sleep. Put your lips together and blow ...... the usual suspects .... Classic movie lines! :D

6. pygmalion

Who was it that partnered with Bob Hope in all those Road to ... movies? Can't remember, because I didn't care for those movies at all, but somebody else might.

7. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

Adam West and Burt Ward :lol: (how could you NOT love their thespian artistry on "BATMAN?" )

No serioulsy, Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan always had great chemistry!

8. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

Lucy and Ethel (although I realize they weren't in any movies) They made a great team.

9. pygmalion

If we're moving into TV, that opens up a whole new vista for exploration. How about Jackie Gleason and Art Carney? Classic stuff. :D

10. d nice

d nice New Member

That was Bob Hope and Bing Cosby.

I always thought their interactions were really funny.

I like Bogart and Bacall

Fred and Ginger and even better Fred and Gene.

What about Bill Robinson and Shirley Temple?

11. pygmalion

Thespian artistry? :lol: :lol:

I loved the wall-walking scenes. Holy cow, Phil Owl!

Speaking of owl, what kind of owl is that in your avatar?

12. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

The bird in question is a rather common Great Horned Owl, found through nearly all of the Western Hemisphere. This is the one most people are familiar with that makes those spooky echoing hoots in the night.

For more info on this and other owls, check out this site:

www.owlpages.com

And here's a great 60's Batman Site:

www.geocities.com/~1966

13. pygmalion

That's what I thought. :D I recently went to a nature preserve and heard a lecture about owls, complete with recordings of the different owl calls. Cool! Anyway, I was startled to learn that horned owls don't have horns. Those things that look like horns are just feathers. There's something neat to learn everywhere you look. :D Will check the websites. Thanks! :D

14. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

I'll also make a case for Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing in those Hammer Studios productions for horror as I am a fan of that. :mrgreen:

15. HepcatBob

HepcatBob New Member

Here are some of the greatest of all time. Not all of them did movies, but they were great teams. Okay, 2 of them aren't duos, but I couldn't resist listing them.

George Burns & Gracie Allen
    Donald O'Connor & Francis, the talking mule
    The Marx Brothers
    Mo Howard, Larry Fine & Curly Howard

16. pygmalion

The Three Stooges? Just like a man! :lol: :lol:

By the way, are you and your girlfriend going to come to our DF Family reunion? It will most likely be an event that features swing dances, so you'll fit right in. :D Check out the thread on Wouldn't it be cool if we could all get together and dance, DF Family Reunion and/or DF Family Reunion runoff.

It would be great to have you and your S.O. there. :D

17. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

Definately!!!! They are SOOO fantastic together!!!!! I can watch Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail over and over and not get tired of them. Meg is just so cute and Tom is simply brilliant.

Excellent as well!!!

18. HepcatBob

HepcatBob New Member

Hey, now! I've known quite a few women that liked the Stooges. Granted there aren't a lot, but some do.

I seriously doubt if my g/f and I make it. I'm currently unemployed, so were not doing much traveling these days. I wish we could come, though. It sounds like fun.

19. pygmalion

March is a long way away, so keep the faith! :D Plus, we're working on all kinds of creative ways to keep the costs down. Keep checking the forums. Maybe something will work for you two. (Plus, I'm working a devious plan to get everybody to the east coast next year! :twisted: :lol: )

Jenn

20. HepcatBob

HepcatBob New Member

Something on the east coast would be GREAT!!! Hopefully I won't stay unemployed for that long, though.