Dancers Anonymous > Best Acting Duo in History

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Spitfire, May 4, 2003.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hang in there. Being unemployed stinks..... but it ends. :D

Take care.

Jenn

2. HepcatBob

HepcatBob New Member

Thanks, Jenn.

I'm hangin'.

Hopefully, it will end soon, but tech support jobs in this area are a bit scarce right now.

3. pygmalion

Yup, tech support jobs are scarce right now, but high tech is rebounding. It won't be long until things are better. Things are SHIFTING, but they're better. Hang in. You have a lot more capability than you know. Go back to your resume, and look at the extra-curricular things you've done. Add in the skills. I bet you're underrating yourself. You're a hot commodity, mister. :D All you have to do is sell that idea to the employers who ARE out there, hiring. Have you looked at the What Color is Your Parachute books? If not, check it out. Good stuff.

4. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

Levern and Shirley any one??

Donald O'Connor and Francis... HAHAHAHAHHAAHA... I don't really hear that many references to them! It's a shame he is no longer with us. I have to admit that I had a bit of a crush on Donald O'Connor (in his movies and younger days) for a little while way back when I was in high school! :oops:

5. suek

suek New Member

Yes, I agree with the Shirley Temple/Bill Robinson pair. Also Kate Hepburn and Cary Grant (Bringing Up Baby, Philadelphia Story). Hepburn/Tracy were pretty good too.

6. HepcatBob

HepcatBob New Member

Who? Francis? :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Just kidding!! Yeah, it is a shame. I've got all the Francis movies on tape and I've been watching them the past few days and nights.

7. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

I watched Signin' in the Rain this morning.

Do you know where I can find I Love Melvin ?? I think that's what it's called. The one where he tap dances in roller skates. I saw it once a very long time ago and have never seen it since.

8. pygmalion

Cary Grant was the coolest, pretty much with any female lead. What was that movie? His Girl Friday, with Jane Russell, I think. Or I was a Male War Bride (Ann Sheridan?) He had a snappy way of delivering his lines that was comedic and romantic all at the same time. Ahhh!

9. will35

will35 New Member

Cooper/Dietrich?

10. will35

will35 New Member

Olivier and his first wife? Michael Redgrave and several people? Alec Guinness and almost anybody? Michael Redgrave and Joan Greenwood? Bogie and Hepburn? Greg Peck and Audrey Hepburn? Bogie and Audrey Hepburn? Orson Welles and Joseph Cotten? Angela Lansbury and the Frenchman in Gaslight? Gable and what's her name in "It happened One Night"? This list will never end.

11. pygmalion

Angela Lansury, you left out INGRID BERGMAN! and Charles Boyer in Gaslight.

Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert in It Happened One Night -- The best movie of all time, Best Picture 1934! :D

12. will35

will35 New Member

If we can count actor/ director duos, we might mention Kurosawa/Mifune, Deniro/Scorcese, John Ford/John Wayne, Howard Hawks/Bogie. Actors, Marcello/Sofia, James Cagney/Bogie in the Roaring Twenties.

13. will35

will35 New Member

Her name is Claudette Colbert. It slipped my mind for a second there. I was not that impressed with Ingrid Bergman or Joseph Cotten in Gaslight, just Lansbury and Boyer.

14. pygmalion

Movie buffs are the nicest people! :D

15. will35

will35 New Member

Bibi Andersson and Ingmar Bergman. Woody Allen and what's her name. Lansbury and Randy Scott.

16. will35

will35 New Member

Charles Laughton/Elsa Lanchester, Cooper/Stanwick, Dana Andrews/Vincent Price, Peter Cushing/Christopher Lee, but the best of all time is Deborah Kerr/Burt Lancaster. But others are Ed G. Robinson/Stanwick/McMurray, John Sayles/Chris Cooper, Sydney Greenstreet/Peter Lorre.

But in dancing movies it was Rita Hayworth and Fred Astaire.

17. pygmalion

Oh yeah. Angela Lansbury, in my opinion, has been greatly underrated. A very versatile actress. She played that conniving minx role in Gaslight, but a perfectly believable innocent ingenue in The Portrait of Dorian Gray. And many, many amazing roles since.

I just figured I'd mention Ingrid Bergman since, technically speaking, she was the female lead in Gaslight. The passive, emotionally abused wife role she played in it didn't much appeal to me, either.

18. will35

will35 New Member

But Bergman was d*** good in Casablanca with Henried and Claude Raines and peter Lorre. What a show. Bogie seems like the greatest guy in the world. There are some people like that I'd like to meet. Him and Audrey Hepburn and Jimmy Cagney and Dana Andrews and Robert Mitchum. Those guys could tell some stories. I guess I do know some people like that, though.

19. pygmalion

Okay, so you probably know this, and I can't remember, will35.

What was the name of the Ingrid Bergman movie were she's the daughter of a Nazi, and Cary Grant recruits her to go to Brazil and marry/spy on Claude Rains to get information about Nazi war criminals' activities? Suspicion? That's not it. Do you remember?

There were so many of those one word-titled movies. Suspicion, Spellbound. (That's the one where Gregory Peck has amnesia).

Help me out, here.

20. pygmalion

Ha! I love google. The Nazi movie with Cary Grant and Claude Rains was Notorious. Suspicion was the one where Joan Fontaine played a wealthy heiress who marries a broke Cary Grant and starts to believe he's trying to kill her. Good stuff! :D