General Dance Discussion > Best Compliment(s) You've Ever Gotten On Your Dancing

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Phil Owl, Sep 13, 2010.

1. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

"I am so proud of you." - from my teacher

2. Andreth

Andreth Member

Definitely best to date, after competition last weekend, pro's wife/partner (who is normally very critical and totally honest) told me, "From the moment you started moving in frame with him, I knew you were going to win." Cloud 9 material! :p

3. Br0nze

Br0nze Active Member

"When you dance, the spirit of the Universe flows through you."

4. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

A couple from our last competition.

"You guys have really good movement down the floor. You're great to watch"

"Why aren't you registered yet? You're definitely good enough"

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I was recently asked by several people why I wasn't dancing the championshps and other rising star events at ohio...I found that to be a pretty nice compliment even if unintended

6. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

From Friday night's studio social, as we were leaving: "Are you going to be here next week? I hope you're here next week."

7. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

When a follower whom you like dancing with asks you to dance when there are many others in the room.

8. Zhena

Zhena Well-Known Member

Last week was the first WCS social since we returned from a competition where I was totally awed by the level of dancing. At the competition I was not surprised when I didn't place out of the preliminaries of the Novice level. But at the social, one of the locals who had placed very well in a higher division asked me to dance THREE times!

Our local leaders are pretty good about "spreading the wealth" and dancing with many different followers, even relative newbies like me, so I had danced with him before. I was thrilled when he came back the second time. But the third invitation sent me over the moon. He was very attentive to my skill level ... experimenting to see what I could or couldn't do ... it was challenging, lots of fun, and I considered it a wonderful compliment on my following skills.

9. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

"You're really nice to dance with, but you could definitely be amazing"

10. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

Most recently, I've had several women comment on how patient I was with them when showing them some basic steps of either Foxtrot, Swing or Cha-Cha.

11. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

You dance so beautifully, it's a treat to watch you!

12. Phil Owl

Most unusual compliment I get from this one lady from time to time, "It was really fun and nobody got hurt!" :mrgreen:

13. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

You move like someone who grew up moving to the music, having it in the background, at family gatherings. This by someone who grew up in Dominican Republic.

14. Phil Owl

On Saturday, I was getting a ton of compliments from this one woman on my arm technique and the strength of my lead..

15. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

One of the best compliments was, "When I watch you and [partner at the time] dance, I actually see the music being expressed and come to life..."

16. wonderwoman

From a girl, that it is fun to watch me dance. That is what I hope for when I dance.
    Also, that I dance salsa on2, just as well as I dance it on1, if that's what my partner is doing. It was great to hear because I wasn't aware I ever danced on2, I didn't think I could. I don't even think about it, and I've heard so much about how hard it is for on1 dancers to dance on2 and vice versa.

17. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Yeah, isn't that great! :notworth:

18. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Hey! I said that to you!:)

19. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

"Oh, you do NOT look like an Insane Clown Posse video!"

20. wonderwoman

Asked to help a friend teach a salsa lesson. Of course I'm totally chickening out of it but it's nice they think I'd be good for it.