Dancers Anonymous > Best food to have before competition

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by josheph, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

temp hijack: I love breakfast food... just not at breakfast time. I have to have weird normal stuff at breakfast time, like a sandwich or something, especially on the day of an important event.

2. Riplash

Riplash Member

With dancing and other sports, My opinion is just do what you normally do. If you never eat breakfast in the morning, then don't eat breakfast. If you always eat breakfast, then you should eat something, even if you have to eat it way earlier, or a little later than normal. Competition isn't the time to try new habits, even if they are healthier habits, it is probably better to keep everything as "normal" as possible, and make changes when you aren't competing.

-Rip

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

maybe...maybe not....I don't normally workout for 8 hours with no food...so, when I do (like when I am competing) breakfast is a MUST...even though I normally don't eat it....I normally don't eat it because, at a maximum, I will workout 3 hours then go home and eat...and take a nap shortly thereafter which also isn't usually an option at a comp...so it depends upon how much one dances and when as well

4. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree with this. I am not a breakfast eater normally. But, I always try (and I emphasize TRY) to eat something before my earlier heats. Experience has taught me that my body needs it, and I always do better if I do so. Something light will do...like a banana and coffee, or perhaps a whole wheat English muffin with some peanut butter. And....hydration helps too.