Best Rumba Song Season 2

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Ralph, Mar 26, 2006.

?

What was the best Rumba song?

1. Take My Breath Away (Giselle and Jonathan)

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. I'm Like a Bird (Stacy and Tony)

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Careless Whisper (Tatum and Nick)

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  4. Emotion (Tia and Maksim)

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. Your Song (Lisa and Louis)

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  6. Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps (George and Edyta)

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  7. Total Eclipse of the Heart (Drew and Cheryl)

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  8. Unbreak My Heart (Jerry and Anna)

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. Ralph

Ralph New Member

I wanted to attach more polls to one thread, but I don't think that is possible. But since it's quiet in this part of the forum, I thought to make a separate thread for each dance. We all know that the music isn't always all that good, but what was the best song for the Rumba.

I think they could've done a lot better, but I'd have to go with Take my Breath Away, to which Giselle and Jonathan danced.
  2. chasdancingqueen

chasdancingqueen New Member

This one was so incredibly tough... the Rumba is by far my favorite dance and I love so many of the songs on this list but Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps holds such a special place to me so I guess that has to be my favorite dance... by my least favorite couple.
  3. laurene487

laurene487 New Member

Unbreak My Heart
  4. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I haven't been watching DWTS, but I have to say "Unbreak my Heart". I'm usually more into Rumbas that sound more Cuban, like "Bella Maria De Mi Alma" and "Cuando Seas Mia", but it's a beautiful song if you fix the original tempo.

T_E
  5. monicadances

monicadances New Member

Let me pick Louis' and Lisa's song.

I'm sorry to say that 'Perhaps, perhaps' is NO rumba, rather a tango!
  6. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Thank you! I want to dance the Tango anytime I hear it, but we always end up dancing the Rumba. To me it sounds like the Tango too! I mean most songs you can dance a number of the Ballroom dances too, but still... there are certain songs that you think this should be more like... ;)
  7. la morena

la morena New Member

Or, spruced up a little bit could be a Cha-Cha. The lyrics fit perfectly.
  8. dancesportgirl21

dancesportgirl21 New Member

When I hear it it reminds me of the scene in Strictly Ballroom when they dance a rumba behind the curtain...:D