Dance Articles > Beyond the Gold Bar

Discussion in 'Dance Articles' started by Larinda McRaven, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

2. clumsy fellow

clumsy fellow Active Member

Very Cool… Thanks for sharing.

3. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

One shilling. Dear Lord...

4. UKDancer

UKDancer Well-Known Member

I chuckled to be reminded of the time when Gold Bar represented the most advanced Medal Test available. How times have changed - and how far have things been dumbed down, sadly.

5. bookish

bookish Active Member

I don't see a publication date indicated. A Google search turns up that it might be 1954. Do you know if this is correct?

6. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

Wow.. you really dig up memories for me .especialy with Len and Phyllis, whom the studio in DC brought in as an examiner for prof exams in 1964 for the staff I was training. I was designated her "guide ", from the hotel to studio.

Will never forget her comment, when I asked her if she would join me for dinner, and she replied " I really dont think, that would be appropriate, do you ? " .
    And I fondly remember one of Lens( scriv ) lectures, at Colyers studio, way back when ..
    As to Frank, one of the nicest profs on the "scene" in the 50s.; once paid me a nice compliment, with no obligation .
    And as to Jo Bradley, I will also never forget the admonishment she gave, during a lecture, to a very high profile Latin competitor which was kinda funny ( everybody knew who it was pointed at ! )

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013