Dance Ads > Blackpool Photos! 2006!

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by SDsalsaguy, Jun 8, 2006.

1. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I sort of owe my inspiration for that shot to dressgirl, as I'd noticed that I really liked the effect she sometimes gets by just focussing on a dress. As such, an on rather random occasions, I snapped a few of this type of shot to see what I could come up with. (Thanks dressgirl!)

2. alemana

alemana New Member

they dance more rounds at a comp than on a TV show, so the "do" needs to hold up longer. but you're right, of course. it's all much too much. these leeetle local yokal comps require, for the pros, the same level of overkill as the big ones. photos from the latest competition in Blackhole Indiana or whatever proove it.

but even more frightening than pro overload is the way these excesses are translated by everyone else, so that you have people who are essentially beginners (like me) trying to rock a look that took your average professional YEARS to develop and perfect, both in terms of concept *and* execution.

one glance at my splayed, glue-encrusted, half-attached false eyelashes, my uneven orange tan, and my ill-fitting but couture latin dress at my last comp proves that beginners should be prohibited from wearing anything other than practice-wear.

3. alemana

alemana New Member

if you could take all photos without heads from now on, i'd love it!

4. alemana

alemana New Member

especially any you ever have occasion to take of me!

5. SDsalsaguy

:lol:

Sorry, but I can sell photos from Blackpool and, suprisingly enough, most people don't tend to purchase pictures when their heads are missing! ;)

6. SDsalsaguy

1st 100+ shots from day 5 now posted. Enjoy!

7. chocolatchica

chocolatchica New Member

Great shots! I love looking at your site!

8. SDsalsaguy

Thanks chcolatchica, and welcome to the DF too! :D

1 person likes this.
  9. SDsalsaguy

More Day 5 shots now posted... (and yes, with still more to come! :D)

10. dancewriter

dancewriter New Member

So elegant! Lovely form!

11. SDsalsaguy

Thanks a ton dancewriter! :D

12. dancewriter

dancewriter New Member

Yours,. are by far, the best ballroom photos I've seen. Number one, they're clear -- important for any subject but for dance especially. Also, you capture the essence whether it be sensual or refined ( Latin or Standard, respectively ) in the photos.

Very nice.