Boot Scootin Boogie

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by bootscoot147, Mar 30, 2010.

1. bootscoot147

bootscoot147 New Member

Hey, I haven't been dancing in a while. I learned the BSB but I have been to a couple different places and the version they were doin was different from mine. One of the places was a rodeo competetion so people from all over the US were there and they were all doin the same style. Does anyone know the write up for it. I know this is a bit vague but I'm guess its the most known one out there. Seems people here in delaware are a bit slow or something lol.

2. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Hey, bootscoot, I just got back from LA and danced one night at Cowboy Country. I don't remember them doing Boot Scoot (or was that the one I had to sit down becasue they were doing a different version?).
    I seem to make it to Stoney's in Vegas once a year, but can't remember them doing it there either.
    Kickit lists about 22 line dances under this name!
    http://kickit.to/ld/List.html?PHPSESSID=b7d6f6970e238462eb14dfa98866ceba&rt=1&t=1&pg=1&srchlg=English&ts=Boot+Scootin%27+Boogie&cs=&ag=-1&ty=1&lv=0&ta=0&tb=0&wl=0&struc=1&ry=0&vid=1&lg=English&fl=Any+Letter&submitgo=Search+for+Dances&json=1

The one we do here has 2 vines ????? "swivels", 2 stomps, 2 kicks, a forward, back etc. It's four walls.
    I don't even know the "official" name or who wrote it (if anyone), although I think I have the step sheet from years ago.
    Line dancing at a rodeo? Must have been lots of not "real" cowboys.

3. bootscoot147

bootscoot147 New Member

thanks I'll check em out. It was an after party thing.

4. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Hi BootScoot147. You can google or engine search on the internet "Boot Scootin Boogie Line Dance Step Pattern" Also the World Swing Dance Council web site is an avenue to find CW Western line dance step patterns. Your 4 wall line dance is a classic. And many places, like Cowboy Country in Long Beach CA, Montanas Night Life in San Dimas, the Branding Iron in San Bernardino, several in San Diego will place it once in a blue moon (no pun intended) but you can also ask for it. Regions of the country have a variety of alternative ways of line dance or any line dance for that matter. You can also "you tube" and search Boot Scootin Boogie Line Dance and actually view how various people perform it. It's a classic favorite. If your in the area of Indio California in April 19? the Stagecoach Music Festival is going on and I'm sure you'll get your fill of CW dancing/line dances with 3 days of music and stages. Have fun.

5. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

I have to strongly concur with 3wishes on this one... :D

6. Desertdance

Desertdance New Member

I was in Santa Ana last weekend, made a trip dancing and I got kicked out of Cowboy Country for arials :-(

Got half the crowd applauding and yelling and still got the boot...

7. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

OK, DF, here ya go...
    This is how we do it up here around Portland way, and, maybe, now in Bhutan.

RiseNFall likes this.