Dance Ads > Brand new red/gold Gown!

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Katarzyna, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Finally finished the first gown in Poland. I mentioned that I am starting my small dress business. This one took a little more stones and materials than expected and will be a little more expensive than original plan (you learn as you do things )

I am asking $1800. (I promissed there will be a DF discount.. I can't really afford to offre more than $50 off for DF people so special DF price will be $1750) This can be used for smooth or standard as float isn't attached to the dress. Great deal, where else can you get a brand new gown for this price )

This is made for 5'6-5'8 size 2-6. It comes with a hair piece, and earrings..

I have more photos, if interested, just ask

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

Beautiful!

3. DancerForLife

DancerForLife Member

Gorgeous dress!!!

Are you going to wear the dresses first, or are you having them made to sell?

Good luck!

4. Katarzyna

I am making this for sale, but If I don't in couple of months, I might wear it and than sell it a litttle cheaper.. I really like this dress :)

5. Katarzyna

btw, it looks really really good on a person, if you want to see, just PM me.

It uses over 40 gross of stones and 38 larger stones.

6. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Good lord. This is one hell of a dress. I really wish I competed.

T_E

7. Katarzyna

I hope I can sell it, because if I do, there will be more. I want to start a brand that sells top quality gowns in the US for under $2000.. I hope I can be successful with this, because the US doesn't really have designers like that here.. (only cheap, low quality, or way over 3000K)

8. alemana

alemana New Member

i really like that. bold color, modern.

9. Medira

Medira New Member

Wow, Kat, it's just gorgeous! How long did it take to make it?

Best of luck on the sale! (I'm a fair bit more than a size 6, unfortunately...)

10. Katarzyna

Well, with other things interfering with the dress process, it tool about 6 weeks.. but some of it had to do with picking fabrics, making decisions and schedules.. I am glad it is finished, and I really hope it will find a happy owner :)

11. dancesportgirl21

dancesportgirl21 New Member

That's awesome! I'm glad someone decided to do this and I wish you the best of luck. :D

12. Twilight_Elena

Kat, I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure you'll do great, you have great taste. :D
    Also. After you're a big name in gown-making, consider making Latin dresses as well. ;)

T_E

13. gracie

gracie Active Member

Elegant! Thanks for making one for a more reasonable cost. Will you do special order?

14. Katarzyna

Thank you everyone! :)

Regarding special orders, that's definitely an option :) however as things are only a begginning, the waiting time might be a bit longer right now :)

we'll see about latin too

15. Katarzyna

Just a bit of information. Due to the costs adn the low $dollar, this dress is actually 2000.. As promissed, I will still give $50 df discount.

16. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

That's absolutely beautiful! I want to start doing things like that! I have the equipment now. I just need the motivation! ;)

17. Twilight_Elena

The design is very elaborate and very creative. Did you make it on your own, Kat, or do you get help from professional dressmakers?

T_E

18. Katarzyna

oh, I didn't do any of it, it's all made by a professional dressmaker. :) wish I could make one, but have no idea how to :)

19. Rainbow

Rainbow New Member

Yes, it's a real nice dress and I really like the color.

Rainbow

20. Katarzyna

Thank you Rainbow :)