Ballroom Dance > Videos > Bringing a totally new meaning to the words "wedding dance"

Discussion in 'Videos' started by DancingMommy, Jul 24, 2009.

1. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

2. Nybz

Nybz New Member

heh that was quite fun to watch, thanks for that :D

3. DancingMommy

Search for Wedding Evolution of Dance. It just gets better!

4. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Awww...how sweet.

When it first started, I was thinking how much I usually dislike it when people decide to go the super-individual route. I just don't care for it, personally, and don't think it usually turns out well. It just seems too forced.

By then end of it though...I was actually crying. What a wonderful, celebratory, JOYFUL way to start a wedding. I understand the train of thought that advocates for somber and serious and thoughtful...but i'm rather partial to just all-out happiness to be getting married to one's love.

5. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

I was put off at first, too but then was happy for them by the end. And all the more happy for them having such good friends to do it :)

I know, for me personally, though... that would not work. I'm too "proper" and "control freak" for that :)

6. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Cute. Agree that it wouldn't work for me, but I liked it.

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

that's officially now one of my favorite things i've ever seen on youtube -- wonderful! had chills and was laughing with utter delight from the very beginning.

i would totally do. in fact... if i ever do find myself walking down the aisle again, that's the way i'm gonna do it. :D thanks for sharing, dancingmommy! how wonderfully joyful... (those wacky twin cities lutherans...lol)

8. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Me too! That is how I would do it. Love it

9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

as someone who prepares couples for marriage, and has suffered through observing insufferable priorities and stresses of reharsals and weddings, I would be elated if all couples could grasp and focus upon the joy rather than having it be perfect in some sort of anal-retentive way that generally can't be achieved and nearly always causes misery and stress...I cannot think of anything that more clearly conveys the joy of unconditional everlasting love than dance....some might consider it irreverant, and while I myself would have chosen a different way of dancing, I applaud it...as all creation rejoices when two people find one another and choose to commit themselves to a life of love together

10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I have often pondered how I would want to celebrate a wedding if I had it to do over again, now that I am old enough to ignore my parents wishes...and I am fairly certain that I would marry outdoors, with higher quality but less fanfare, with fewer guests, and with a dance either at the beginning or the end of the service

11. DancingMommy

@fasc - Agreed. Who cares *how* you get down the aisle.

12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

the vid already has nearly 2 million views, and it was the lead-in for this evening's yahoo news, with a highlight on TV...

13. guille_bdancer

guille_bdancer New Member

L O V E D I T!!!! :applause:

14. emkey

emkey New Member

GREAT!!! lol

were those two girls doing right hand hold promenade runs?

15. anniep

anniep New Member

They look fun- I wish I was friends with them! :D

16. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

Sigh, it was on TV last night on that magazine show which follows the ABC evening news.

After having it show up multiple times in my fb feed, and having links emailed to me by multiple people, I'm officially saturated.

Fun though.

17. soshedances

soshedances Active Member

LOVE IT (but know that I'd ever have the guts to do that myself). Weddings should be full of joy!

18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

wow... less than a day later and it's over 4.6 million views. now that's a vid that's truly gone viral!

19. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

That's what a wedding should be. Joy. A celebration of love. The video brought me to tears. These kids understand what it's all about. Pretty awesome, IMO.

Gotta work on those leg lines, though. lol.

20. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Very, very cool! :)