Event Announcements > Bryan and Carmen Performing in NYC Aug. 26

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by GJB, Aug 13, 2006.

1. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

From a thread on NYUSABA bulletin board ( http://www.nyusabda.org/forums-df/viewtopic.php?t=2502 )

Bryan Watson & Carmen, seven time World Latin
    Champions, will be performing 5 dances at a dance social at Stepping Out Studios on Saturday, August 26.

Cost is $85. See the link above for details.

Thinking about going but haven't decided. Also thinking about Capital Dancesport which is the same weekend.

2. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd but this thread in case anyone missed it.

3. yippee1999

yippee1999 Member

$85! that's a bit steep...

4. alemana

alemana New Member

too much for me, too. and i'm almost always disappointed by the top couple in each division.. it's almost as if they stop trying.

5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I find that this often depends on (A) how secure they feel in their position, and (B) how challenging it was for them to get there.

6. alemana

alemana New Member

interesting... so if they feel secure, they relax... ? makes sense. but still, that's the point at which i do not pay almost a hundred dollars to see them dance. myself, personally.

7. SDsalsaguy

As a pattern, yes, although this is far from true of all.

8. alemana

alemana New Member

yeah, i haven't been around long enough to generalize. it's true on a small scale... i'll guess i'll revisit this when i've been in this world for more than a hot minute.

9. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

They're 7 times champions? :shock: I thought the number was much smaller... Does that mean 7 years of winning some big Latin Championship like Blackpool?

T_E

10. SDsalsaguy

It means 7 years of winning the WD&DSC (although now recently re-named) Pro Latin World Championships.

11. Twilight_Elena

World Dance & Dance Sport Council...
    Huh? Oh man. I'll never get these straight. What about IDSF?

T_E

12. SDsalsaguy

IDSF isn't for the pro titles

13. Twilight_Elena

Can I hire someone to teach me all this? Seriously. Makes very little sense.

T_E

14. SDsalsaguy

Why do you think it took me so long to finish my degree? :wink: :lol:

15. Twilight_Elena

I thought it was because of your shameless DF flirting that keeps you up all night. :rolleyes:
    However. I can see you run away from your dissertation to take notes in "All Those Weird Dancesport Organisations 101".

T_E

16. SDsalsaguy

Well, it wasn't by accident that I ended up with an entire appendix dedicated
    to describing the major organizations I came in contact with... :wink:

17. Twilight_Elena

Oooooh. Thread. Make a thread. I need explanations. I need descriptions. I need CLARIFICATIONS! Darn websites don't explain a thing...

T_E

18. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Did anyone see this show? My coach, who saw it, said that it was the best Bryan/Carmen show she had seen, and Carmen had never been slimmer, more beautiful and fitter than now. They were at Paragon for training before heading for Embassy.