Event Announcements > Buddy Schwimmer Master Workshops June 12th – South Mississippi

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Me, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Me

Me New Member

Buddy Schwimmer is coming to Mississippi to teach YOU West Coast Swing and Nightclub Two step!

June 12th (that is a SATURDAY) in Wiggins, MS.

You may know of him as the "King of Swing," the "Man with a Thousand Moves," or the "Inventor of Nightclub Two Step." Perhaps you know him as the father of Benji Schwimmer ("So You Think You Can Dance," champion) and Lacy Schwimmer ("Dancing With the Stars," "So You Think You Can Dance").

Buddy is internationally respected for his vast wealth of knowledge, and he is loved for his quirky personality and charm. This is a very rare opportunity for our southern dancers to study from a true master. Please help us welcome Buddy for his first visit to Mississippi!

WARNING: THIS WORKSHOP WILL SELL OUT FAST. Do not delay in sending in your registration!

The registration packet is here: http://tangomississippi.com/Schwimmer_Workshop_Registration.pdf

Please contact me if you have any questions.

See you in June!

2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Buddy Schwimmer!

Wish my schedule allowed for this! Buddy's Da Man!

3. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

Should be VERY cool!!!

4. Me

Me New Member

Thanks, guys! :)

So far registration is going well. The forms are coming in at a steady pace, even though word has been out for only a week and we had the Easter holiday in the middle of all of that. There is still plenty of space left at this moment in time, but I'm still advising people to please send their forms in ASAP. We are expecting several large groups from out of town, and once they book that will block out a lot of slots.

I guess this Buddy person is a pretty popular guy, huh. ;)

5. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

We Heart Buddy!!!

Me, yes he is! And I am glad that he brought the Nightclub 2-Step into our lives... It's the perfect dance for so many of my favorite songs, for which there is no other... :cool:

6. Me

Me New Member

7. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

I would say if anyone has a chance to take a workshop with Buddy Schwimmer - it's soooo worth it. Incredibly attentive to questions and individuals alike. (love the fact he lives close by as well-out here!!!). Wish I was attending my WCS always gets a boost from him.

8. Me

Me New Member

Thank you, 3wishes!

I am really looking forward to it. :)

Any tips you can think of? Good questions to ask in class that will benefit all there?

9. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Well, Buddy will probably ask some questions first of the attendees. That said, do not, repeat do NOT feel shy about asking anything. He's very open and tries to address any concern in WCS.

10. Me

Me New Member

Excellent! Thank you again for the advice. :)

11. Me

Me New Member

Buddy Schwimmer Online Registration is Now Available!

The Early Registration Deadline (May 14th) is only ONE WEEK AWAY. If you are concerned about your payment reaching me in time, how about paying with a credit card online?

For this week only, thru May 14th, I have made online registration available, here:

http://ballroomjewelry.ecrater.com/

On the front page you will see Buddy's picture in the middle. Click his picture, and you will be taken to a list of available workshop spots. All you have to do is hit the "buy now" button, and the class will be added to your shopping cart. There, you will be prompted to complete your transaction by submitting a credit card payment through either Google Checkout or PayPal.

If you want to register online, but you have questions, please call me at 601-467-4062, or by e-mail shellie@tangomississippi.com

For your convenience, here is a link to the workshop information packet: http://tangomississippi.com/Schwimmer_Workshop_Registration.pdf

12. Me

Me New Member

Early Registration is CLOSED.

However, there are still plenty of open spots!

Come out and join the party, y'all! :eek: The more the merrier. ;)

I really think this is an excellent opportunity, and I believe it is well-worth the drive for our neighbors in Louisiana or Alabama.

Please PM me if you are interested in more details!

13. Me

Me New Member

JUNE 7TH IS LAST CALL FOR REGISTRATION - SCHWIMMER WORKSHOP

Registration Deadline June 7th (Monday)
    Registration and payment must be RECEIVED by June 7th. Late registration rates apply. No exceptions. Anything received after June 7th will be returned.

Online registration is now open. Prices reflect late registration fees. To register, please visit this link: http://ballroomjewelry.ecrater.com/category.php?cid=1100451

No Registration Accepted at the Door
    Just to be clear, this means that no registration for workshop classes will be accepted at the door, and no walk-ins for the evening social will be accepted at the door.

New Dance Social Rule
    To attend the dance social, dancers MUST register for at least one workshop class. NO EXCEPTIONS. This new rule is because we already have so many workshop participants. We do not want to overcrowd the dance social that evening.

If you have a question or a special problem, please call me at 601-467-4062. Or, e-mail me at shellie@tangomississippi.com

14. Me

Me New Member

The Buddy Schwimmer Workshop is this Saturday! Are you ready? I know I can't wait!

Below is some important information about Saturday. Please read it carefully:

There will be a registration table set up. Please check in at the table at least fifteen minutes before your first class. There, you will pick up your registration packet and your t-shirt (if you purchased one). Fifteen minutes early is important, because this way we can have everybody checked in and ready to start the class on time.

Lunch:
    If you don't want to bring a lunch, or if you don't want to drive out into Wiggins to buy lunch, the country club will have an open snack and food bar in the back of the room. A lunch averages about $5.50, and includes a drink and a snack. They have hamburgers, cold sandwiches, plenty of snacks, drinks, etc.

Whatever you decide to do for lunch, please be back in the building and ready to dance ten minutes before the 1:00 class.

Some Basic Rules:
    We have a total of sixty-five participants! (Thankfully, not all of us are in the same class at the same time.) This means there will be a lot of people there Saturday. This means more noise, more people moving about, etc. In the interest of making the workshop run smoother, I have a few requests:

1. Please be ready ten minutes before your class.
    2. Please turn your cell phone off, or set it to vibrate.
    3. Please do not chat during the classes.

Thank you so much! I know Saturday is going to be fantastic!

15. Me

Me New Member

This Saturday was AMAZING! We had a total of sixty-seven dancers who participated in the various workshop classes and the dance social. Instructors and students from Mississippi came from: Biloxi, Brandon, Diamondhead, D'Iberville, Gautier, Gulfport, Hattiesburg, Jackson, Laurel, Madison, Mendenhall, Mississippi State, Morton, Moselle, Ocean Springs, Pascagoula, Petal, Poplarville, Ridgeland, Sumrall, and Wiggins. Dancers from out-of-state came from Citronelle, AL; Mobile, AL; and Slidell, LA.

Those who did not attend, I hate to say it, but you really did miss out! But, you do have a second chance! Because...

BUDDY WILL BE BACK!

Buddy has already agreed to return! The plan is to have a two-day workshop next time. Location and dates to be announced. For this upcoming two-day Schwimmer workshop, some of the same material will be covered, but there will also be new material! I will let you know more details as they come!

STUDENTS
    Retain Your Knowledge through Practice! Then, Follow-up and Review with an Instructor who Attended the Workshop.

For questions you have that are specifically about the Buddy Schwimmer workshop, it only makes sense to go to an instructor who actually attended the Saturday workshop.

In two weeks, I will e-mail to you one easy list of review classes available from the instructors who attended the workshop. This way, you will have several instructors to chose from.

Study, study, study! You don't want all of your hard work from Saturday to disappear.

INSTRUCTORS
    Help Your Students Retain their Knowledge – Host Follow-up Classes!

Everybody seemed very pleased with what they learned, but the number one concern was, “How am I going to remember all of this?” I suggest a great way to keep the information going is to host follow-up sessions.

On June 28th (Monday) I plan to send out an e-mail to all who attended the workshop. I would like to include in this e-mail a list of your Schwimmer review courses. I need this information by Sunday evening (June 27th), to make the Monday list. The only requirements for making the list are that the instructor listed attended the workshop, and the classes offered must be specific to Schwimmer West Coast and Night Club Two review courses.