Swing Discussion Boards > Building a swing music collection

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by Sagitta, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

How about a big box collection? Big Band box set from amazon
    www. amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000028C29/ref=pd_sim_music_1/002-4968379-2788037?v=glance&s=music
    ("delinked" commercial link - DanceMentor)

40CDs for $65. Has some great gems on it.

Also, the link that you have Pygmalion lists La Revancha del Tango - Gotan Project as having good last songs to end the night. I wonder which would win out swing/tango with those who love both?

2. will35

will35 New Member

From what I have heard of Gotan Project, they don't sound any more like Swing than they do like Tango.

3. Dancegal

Dancegal Member

Frankie's favorites is a great collection. I love the classic tunes from the 30's & 40's by Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller and the like. Many are versatile enough to satisfy both 6-counters and Lindy Hoppers. Corner Pocket by Count Basie & Orchestra is a favorite Lindy tune (slide slide spin spin away!). :D

4. d nice

d nice New Member

Pick up the "Chronological" Series out and grab the Basie, Ellington, Goodman, Shaw, and Callaway discs.

5. jon

jon Member

Or you could do like my friend Keith who called up the folks who publish Chronological Classics and told them he wanted to buy the entire 300-odd disc collection. They cut him a good discount IIRC :)