Tango Argentino > By request . . . Lead Your Partner, Not Patterns!

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by SDsalsaguy, Feb 28, 2004.

1. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I'd actually first posted this over in the salsa forum way back in early August, 2003 but, by request, here it is again...

2. MadamSamba

MadamSamba Member

Here, here, SD! I remember once dancing with a latin champion. I was soooooooooo excited _ until I realised that he danced the EXACTLY same pattern, over and over and over and over and over again.

The thrill of dancing with this guy soon wore off and I was desperate to get off the dance floor. Unfortunately, it was a rock 'n' roll event so there weren't too many people who could merengue and salsa and everytime the DJ threw one in, he came looking for me. It was horrendous.

3. Adwiz

Adwiz New Member

Excellent info!

Now if only someone could post similar words of wisdom for women who know only patterns and aren't sensitive to what the man is really leading. I hate it when they assume what the next step is instead of letting you lead it. You can feel them setup for what they think is next, which puts you in the awkward position of either letting them go there or risk continuing with what you were going to do and maybe having them miss it.

4. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

This is second hand and apocryphal, but I heard about this bloke who the ladies liked dancing with,but to the watcher he didn't seem to be doing anything special, but he was listening to the music and dancing with it.
    tres simple.

5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Thank you all... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Truth be told I wrote it when I got back form a night of salsa and was just beside myself from having seen one more ego jockey roughly blasting pattern after pattern and his dance partner! :x :evil:

Adwiz, I'd never thought of it, but I may try coming up with the followers version of this... thanks for the idea!