Country and Western > C&W dance clips and instruction?

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by dancenut, Mar 29, 2006.

1. dancenut

dancenut New Member

Do you know of any clips on C&W dances and also instruction/choreography sites on the net? Thanks! :)

2. VRRDA

VRRDA New Member

[FONT=Times New (W1)]I had the same question about Rock’n’Roll clips. There must be Country dance clips apart from Bootscootin’. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New (W1)] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New (W1)]Has anybody found any sites since Dancenut first asked the question in March? [/FONT]

3. michiganblkman

michiganblkman New Member

Lots of dances are on youtube now.

4. Taurus57

Taurus57 New Member

But, are they any good? Could you actually see how to do the step?

5. michiganblkman

michiganblkman New Member

countryedge.com

youtube.com

stepsheetinmotion.com/

6. kayak

kayak Active Member

7. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

Thanks, Kayak. I had no idea there were so many CW clips on Youtube. The NC 2-step clips are just what I need...my pro and I are planning to perform a NCTS at the studio's showcase in June and he has never done that dance before. He's a great dancer and has an enormous sense of adventure, so he let me talk him into it. I used to do NCTS with my amateur partner but that was eons ago.

I guess "leroc" is the European equivalent of NCTS? The clip of Cat Wiles and her partner is lovely...we could borrow some their choreography but I wish I could borrow her youth and flexibility...

8. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

Darn...now I can't find that clip...I guess it was under "related videos" and now I can't locate it. Maybe I could look under "leroc" or "Catriona Wiles." I'm a dunce. Can't show it to my pro if I can't find it...

9. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

One more thing, that first clip of Michael and Dawn Kiehm is mislabeled; it's west coast swing, not NCTS...doesn't matter, though, because that man is drop-dead GORGEOUS. I could watch him dance the hokey-pokey and be mesmerized.

10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yes he is, absolutely beautiful... i love watching him dance... such a graceful man

it looked like wcs swing to me... i figured i just don't know enuf about the two to tell... guess i know more than i thought :rolleyes:

11. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Looks like WCS to me . . .

I remember seeing that C&W dance couple at World's . . .

12. kayak

kayak Active Member

Sounds good to me. It would make sense being in a swing comp. I didn't post the video.

My WCS is still at the stage that there are defined anchor steps. We have some fun and fancy ones, but there is still a defined compression, leverage and anchor. Kind of a swing feel like the other WCS video and a faster tempo.

Now, the Night Club elements I have learned look very much like many of those in the first video. Plus, the way they move around the floor is similar to what I have learned.

It will be fun to see if my WCS gets smooth enough to feel like my NC2Step :D

13. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I didn't think that you were the poster . . .

I agree . . . very similar, and they seem to be rounding a lot of the WCS off like in NC2S . . .

Yea, I'm trying to make it as "sexy" for my partner as NC2S can get!

14. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Looks like a WCS flavored NCTS to me. I thought I saw the NCTS basic pattern twice.

15. gitjiggy

gitjiggy New Member