Event Announcements > CA State DS Championships

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Laura, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Laura

Laura New Member

The NorCal Chapter of USA Dance is once again hosting the California State DanceSport Championships. They will be on Saturday, October 27th, at Just Dance Ballroom in Oakland, California.

The online entry system, however, isn't quite ready yet. It should be up this weekend. You can check http://www.o2cm.com/forms/entry.asp to see if it is available.

Meanwhile, I've put downloadable/printable forms up on the web site. You can get them -- along with general information and a very preliminary schedule -- from http://www.usabda-norcal.org/statechamps

See you October 27th!

2. Laura

Laura New Member

Online Entries Now Open!

We apologize for the delay...but now the online system is now ready! You can purchase tickets and register for the California State DanceSport Championships online at

http://www.o2cm.com/forms/entry.asp?event=csc

See you in October!

Laura La Gassa
    Registrar, 2007 USA Dance California State DanceSport Championships

3. reb

reb Active Member

How's the new(October) date working . . . ?

4. Laura

Laura New Member

Well, speaking only for myself personally, it's confusing me :) I keep mentioning to people about "the comp we have in November" and then I have to correct myself.

So hey everyone, it's October 27th :) Come on down! (Or "up", as the case may be.)

5. reb

reb Active Member

up, down . . . so that's a good point - you're open to competitors from Washington State (hint, hint), Nevada, ;)Arizona ;)

??

6. Laura

Laura New Member

7. Laura

Laura New Member

Last chance!

If you are thinking about coming to the comp, decide now and let me know (PM, or email through the address on the web site! I haven't actually started charging the Late Fee yet because I haven't started setting the heats yet, but I'm going to start tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday October 9th) so let me know ASAP if you're coming so you can avoid the $25 late fee. Okay? Okay! It's going to be fun!

8. Laura

Laura New Member

Entry Lists are now online. The Syllabus events are HUGE!

I'm still working on the schedule, it will be a few days because of the complexity of the Syllabus stuff.

9. johns

johns New Member

Hi Laura.

I know you must be swamped preparing for next week's competition, so please don't let me distract you with this question if you don't have the time - we'll find out the answer on Saturday regardless :)

I'm new to amateur competition and am curious as to what happens with heats in which there is only one couple entered. It seems this is the case with us for Senior 1 Novice Smooth, as well as Adult & Senior 1 Novice Rhythm.

Thanks!

- John

10. reb

reb Active Member

Stay on time!:D

11. Laura

Laura New Member

When there's only one couple, the first thing I try to do is combine it with another heat that has three or fewer couples in it. That way you aren't alone on the floor, but you are judged separately. Sometimes I can't do this, so you end up dancing alone.

In the case of being the only couple in both Adult & Senior I Novice Rhythm, if no one else turns up for at least one of these, then I will cancel one of them so that you will only be out there dancing alone once since these are essentially "duplicate events."

Now, for little kids, I often let them dance alone multiple times -- mainly because I use them to space out the rounds in the Syllabus events! Also, the kids an the parents are so gung-ho they would have the kids dance again and again and again and again. But the adult competitors are more understanding so I cancel/combine events and described above.

I'm still working on the schedule...I might have it done tonight, but if not it will be done tomorrow.

12. johns

johns New Member

Thanks, Laura!

That makes a lot of sense, and it helps to know what to expect :)

- John

13. Laura

Laura New Member

Special Addition!

Two things to announce!

1) We've added a special Standard-dance show on Saturday evening by Autumn Dance Classic Professional Standard winners Anton & Lena Koukareko! Please join us to watch these fabulous dancers and welcome them to the Bay Area!

2) Heat lists and times are up on the web site. To see other than the listing of Championship events that shows up by default, you must search for something. Try searching for your name to find out when your events are.

14. Laura

Laura New Member

More Additions!

Two more exciting things to announce!

1) A small group of kids from Dance Spectrum will be performing their "Grease" showdance medley tomorrow night. This cute and fun number won the Top Solo at Autumn Dance Classic last weekend.

2) Back by popular demand... are the Nightclub dances! No one had entered them by the registration deadline, so I didn't schedule them, but three couples have asked me in the past two days to dance in them, so we're adding them to the evening session. Please either email me tonight or speak to me at the competition tomorrow about adding these events. We'll be running Open events for ages 16-and-up for Salsa, West Coast Swing, Hustle, and Nightclub 2-Step.

See you all tomorrow!

15. Laura

Laura New Member

Before anyone asks...the results and marks will be uploaded to the web site on Monday night.

16. Laura

Laura New Member