Dance Ads > Camp Jitterbug May 28th-31st Seattle

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by petitetonya, Feb 5, 2004.

1. petitetonya

petitetonya New Member

Jitterbug Club is proud to announce...

The Camp Jitterbug 5 year Anniversary
    Memorial Day Weekend
    May 28th-31st
    Seattle, Washington

This year, we are going to celebrate 5 years of Jitterbug Weekends and Camp Jitterbug. Over the last 5 years, we have had 14 swing workshop weekend events with over 40 different instructors!

Go to www.campjitterbug.com to check out this year's phenomenal Camp Jitterbug Instructors Line-up!! The workshop schedule and evening event info is also posted, so check it out!

As a thank you to all of you who have supported Jitterbug Weekends and Camp Jitterbug over the years we have:
    -reduced the whole weekend package rate for Camp Jitterbug
    -we are offering individual classes
    -$20 discount for international students
    -$20 discount for current SSC members
    -Special performance with the Silver Shadows lindy hop performance team on Friday night!

*Also, as a special treat, all of the workshops will be held in the Oddfellows Building on Capitol Hill in the heart of Seattle. Conveneniently located in one historic building, the Century Ballroom and the Velocity Ballroom are amazing venues with great ambiance and beautiful dance floors.

Online registration will be available next week. There a lot of dancers coming into town so register early!

www.campjitterbug.com

We look forward to seeing you in Seattle!!!

Tonya Surface
    Jitterbug Club

2. d nice

d nice New Member

OhmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodOHMYGOD!!!!

Tonya... welcome to the forums.

Those of you who haven't been to one of these weekends... they are first class. Amazing instructors, a great scene, super dances, mind-blowing jams and one of the best hostesses around.

Tonya is a great organizer and one of my favorite people to dance with hands down.

-Damon

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

High praise indeed!

Welcome to the forums Tonya! :D

4. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Hi Tonya and welcome. :D

We met briefly at the Century a year and a half ago on a night you were the DJ.

5. petitetonya

petitetonya New Member

What a welcome!! It is so nice to see so many familiar faces on this forum...I had no idea when I posted that you all were on this too, how cool. I actually have this forum on my swing links page of my webpags cause it looked cool.

It would be so awesome to see all of you in Seattle that weekend...it is truly going to be an amazing party especially since it is the 5 year anniversary.

Damon, I put out your Reno flyers at Lindy Groove but there were already some there so I will put them out at the next JBW in Feb in Seattle. I had an AWESOME time hanging out with you at the Binge...Disneyland kicked butt (except for that one ride).

Anyway, it is cool to be here, thanks for the huge welcome :p

Tonya

6. Spitfire

Tonya, aren't you in L. A. Now?

7. petitetonya

petitetonya New Member

Yeah, Sean and I moved down to LA in August...he got a great job offer down here and we couldn't pass it up. I am still putting on the events in Seattle though, which is nice so I can visit my Seattle peeps on a somewhat regular basis. We really like living here actually...very friendly and we love our neighborhood. Damon was just at our house the other weekend for the Binge!

8. Spitfire

Glad to hear it's going well. A lady I know here just moved up to Seattle and before she left I gave her info on the dancing there to include the Century and she tells me she is impressed with the place just as I was.

I did travel there again last July and went to a Century dance; much fewer people this time around and they didn't stay as long.

9. petitetonya

petitetonya New Member

Yeah, I have heard that the Century isn't getting the turnout that it used to...that really bums me out. I think it has to do with the dancers being picky about the dj's. There are some great dj's at the Century and then some not so great dj's.

It is a great place to visit either way. That is one of the reasons why the weekends are so fun, all of the dancers come out to the Century dances on my weekends and it is an absolute blast. I love the ambience there.

10. petitetonya

petitetonya New Member

Hey guys,

Just so you know, there are TONS of cheap airfares right now to Seattle on Orbitz as well as www.alaskaair.com on Memorial day weekend. Check it out...for example, someone just booked Long Beach to SEA for $151 on Memorial Day weekend...nonstop on Alaska Airlines.

Oh yeah, and Sacramento to SEA was only $138!!!!!!!!?????!!!