Ballroom Dance > Can someone tell me the name of this move?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by achilles007, May 12, 2013.

  1. achilles007

    achilles007 Member

    I have been searching high and low for the name of this galloping action and so far no one can tell me what this is:

    This also looks somewhat the same as the above. Is it the same move?:
  2. dlliba10

    dlliba10 Well-Known Member

    I think just "continuous locks." Could be wrong, though.

    1:01 - 1:06 look like basic walks.
    dbk likes this.
  3. latingal

    latingal Well-Known Member

    Agreed with dlliba! First moves referenced are continuous forward locks interspersed with basic walks and backward locks. The second looks like basic walks and locks.
  4. achilles007

    achilles007 Member

    Thank you so much, guys!

    Would also appreciate someone telling me what the move is at 01:13-01:17 that both Paul and Hanna are doing. Hanna's is killer!

    So... is the lock apart of the cha cha walk? I imagine the lock part is the actual "cha-cha" part of the cha cha walk, right? As in this clip:
  5. dlliba10

    dlliba10 Well-Known Member

    1:13 to 1:17 seems to be a combination of syncopated and normal-time timed steps.

    Yes, the lock is the "cha-cha" part, wherein (if you're going forward) the foot locks behind or (if you're going backward) the foot crosses in front.

Share This Page