Country and Western > Can You Get Into WCS With Country Music

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by Vince A, Aug 18, 2004.

1. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I personally have a hard time getting into a WCS with C&W music. Most of it has a tempo around the beat count of Shania Twain's "I Feel Like A Woman" or what's his name (BRC)-"Achey Breaky Heart."

Although I could if forced to dance to this music, but my best WCS dancing is with very slow, sexy or sligthly up-tempo funk stuff!

How about you?

2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Sorry to you C&W music fans out there, but that's one of several things that kept me away from WCS swing for a looooong time! To each their own, and if you like it, that's great... but I really, really don’t like C&W music so have a very difficult time (at best :oops: ) really dancing to it.

3. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

To make it even worse . . . could you imagine doing salsa to Garth Brooks???? :shock:

4. SDsalsaguy

*Please* tell me that there's a sizable cliff in the vicinity that I can throw mysefl off of instead!!!

5. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Have no fear . . . I don't think I've ever seen it . . . salsa to C&W that is, not a cliff . . .

6. SDsalsaguy

Thank G-d!!! (Relieved sigh!)

7. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

You crack me up . . . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. SDsalsaguy

Always happy to be of entertainm... err, umm, I mean assistance. Yeah, that 's what I mean, of assistance!

9. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

I'm with you...C&W is too bouncy. Our C&W djs play several "real" WCS's during the night so us swing dancers can get our fix. :)

10. twnkltoz

Why would C&W music keep you away from WC? It's totally different music.

11. SDsalsaguy

Alas, that fact seems unknown to some who profess to be DJ's...

12. twnkltoz

Really??? How unfortunate.

13. jon

jon Member

Country pop music has such a simple structure compared to good blues. Few breaks or accents to work with. Not surprising it's correlated with the spin/wrap/duck-heavy country WCS style of a few years ago.

14. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

With much of the new crossover music in C&W these days, I'd be a betting man and say that it won't be long before there is barely a noticeable difference between R&R and C&W.

15. twnkltoz

With some songs I hear on the country station, I can't help but wonder how exactly they're classified as country!

16. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

If it were not for (Brad Paisley - I think), when the CMA was on television, I would have sworn I was listening to MTV . . . I agree with w/you.

17. live2dance

live2dance New Member

Some of the best WCS in the C/W field of music is Lee Roy Parnell. Try some of his songs i.e., Fresh Coat of Paint that is one of the faster ones, but there are so many. We bought two or three of his albums strictly for the WCS. Joe Diffie is another one that has a few WCS rhythm, i.e., "Fifty Fifty." If you want more songs, let me know because I have them all by the bpm (beats per minute) so you can see if they are too fast for you. Hope this helps.

18. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

DF is back! (not that anything reading this topic would know that DF was down).

as to the original question, no. but then i don't frequent WCS-only venues, plus i got harassed by rednecks growing up in ohio so i cain't STAND country music & every time i hear it i usually call out with a twang: "hey where da white wimmen at?" (TACAD can vouch for this).