Ballroom Dance > Can't see entry lists on O2CM?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Akita, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Akita

Akita Well-Known Member

Is O2CM following NDCA now in not showing event entry lists? I notice that no event currently on there has an entry list view - and you can only view individual entries for events shortly upcoming (like the Nationals).

2. middy

middy Well-Known Member

See the thread on the USA Dance facebook page. Actually there's two - one starting Feb 11 and the other Feb 22.

Reason: people kept contacting the o2cm people instead of the competition organizers about things. They should still be available if you have the right URL. Good competition websites should have the link to the entry list.

I believe Nationals is putting the schedule together, and that's why you can't see the full entry list. It was up just a couple of days ago.

3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

kudos to vegas open challenge... when they put up their heat sheets they put them up in two formats one of which actually showed everyone in your event LOVE THAT

otherwise yes i think from now on it will be on the individual comps website only

4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

nationals entry list only on nationals website

5. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

A smart person can figure out how to display info for any comp listed on O2CM that has that info available.

Larinda McRaven likes this.
  6. middy

middy Well-Known Member

Hint: figure out the URL template for entry lists, figure out the code for a competition, and copy-paste.

7. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

of course, it would be much more dancer friendly to simply provide the information as it did in the past...

8. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Know if there's any way to force a display format? I've got a link for an upcoming comp, but it just gives me a drop-down menu of names, not a list of couples by event.

9. Akita

Akita Well-Known Member

That doesn't always work.

10. middy

middy Well-Known Member

What are you trying to find?

11. raindance

raindance Well-Known Member

This link may be helpful, I have it bookmarked now, but I think I got it from a USA dance email (a few weeks back, maybe?), and it is a link to the available USA Dance entry lists for o2cm

http://events.o2cm.com/?org=usadance

12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

It works for any comp that the organizer has a) elected to show entries online, and b) show entries instead of only list competitors.

13. snapdancer

snapdancer Well-Known Member

There are O2CM settings the organizer of a particular event can use to determine whether or not his event database will serve up entry lists for a particular URL. That URL can be embedded in websites, Facebook pages, emails, etc.

It appears that the only change is that the O2CM website will no longer itself provide the link to the public at large when the event organizer turns on entry lists.

Contact the event organizer, not Mark Tabor, if your entry lists are not available.

Joe and Titoxd like this.
  14. Titoxd

Titoxd Member

Organizers have four options available relating to entry display:

* Show Entries
    * Show Times
    * Show School
    * By Competitor Only

If organizers enable "By Competitor Only", you will not see the list of couples who are dancing in the same heats as you. That is a decision by the organizer, not from O2CM.

Larinda McRaven likes this.