Dancers Anonymous > Car Dancers Club

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Kittyirish, Aug 22, 2003.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Brrake - brake to the rhythm, Br - brake to the rhythm

Brake - brake to the rhythm, brake brake :D

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yup. And if you brake abruptly enough, the car dances, while you're car dancing. You can't beat that! :lol:

3. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

LOL :lol:

4. Christina75

Christina75 New Member

car dancing

I don't know if I'm a car dancer but definately a car coreographer. I'll listen to a song while driving and thing "I wonder if you could do this move and then that move and not break an arm. hmm..." Oh and as far as the car itself dancing, I remember when I was a kid my mom was famous for putting the car in reverse without taking off the emergency brake. It would feel like the car was bowing up in the middle. lol. She used to laugh and say the car was doing pushups...but maybe it was really dancing. :-D

Christina

5. Christina75

Christina75 New Member

Oh and one more thing...it doesn't take as much skill as car dancing, but I am a "chair dancer while wearing my headphones in my cubicle at work". :) I even had to get a new chair when the old one started squeaking and co-workers kept saying "what is that noise?" :-D

Christina

6. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Today, a stranger MADE my day. I bought this new CD with slammin new boogie music and of course I'm car dancing my butt off and the stop light. I look over and he's boogying as well. (I don't even think he was playing music) :lol: So we spent at least thirty seconds at the light, smiling and boogying our butts off at the stop light. Thanks Stranger! Once again, you made my day. :D :banana:

7. Vin

Vin New Member

Great story peach, thanks for bringing this thread to my attention.
    I am definitely a car dancer, but mostly I am a car percussionist.
    I play my imaginary timbales, congas, maracas and yes sometimes even the clave while driving.
    I remember one road trip where my gf and I had empty water bottles that we were bangin along to the music for hours. Fun, Fun, Fun. In fact I consider that dancing as well.

8. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

I'm not a car dancer -- I'm a train dancer! :D

9. ShyDancer

ShyDancer New Member

I love dancimg in the car!

So many times my sister and I have been laughed at for shimmying along to the music! Once a friend from our studio told us he saw us dancing in the car! :lol:
    It must look bizarre when we are caught out practicing arm styling for NV as well ........long sweeping strokes across the car :lol: :lol:

The Brakes are always fun...but not in heavy traffic! I had a near miss once and havent braved it again :lol:

10. mambo_munkey

mambo_munkey New Member

I am definetely a car dancer/singer/drummer. Only at red lights though as far as the dancing becuase I try to drive as safe as possible. One time I was waiting at Grand Ave (which is a light that takes forever in my part of town!) and I was jamming away, I put my car in park and flailed my arms singing with my eyes shut. It was quite a scene. When the song had finished and I finally looked around, the cars to the left AND the right of me were cracking up and one guy was even imitating me to the people in his car. It was funny and I didn't want to show my embarrasment so I just kept on going. I'll never forget it though :oops:

11. pygmalion

That's hilarious!! Way embarrassing, but hilarious. It takes a certain lack of shame to be a really good car dancer. I think you're on your way.

12. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

Anyone seen that new VH1 show motormouth that highlights car singers? We need one for us car dancers!!

13. pygmalion

It is SO funny! Can you say,"tone deaf?" :doh: :lol: :lol:

14. mambo_munkey

mambo_munkey New Member

Personally, I think sometimes it's more fun to be tonedeaf while your singing. Especially if theres more than one of you. You're spending so much time laughing at one another, that you're guarunteed to have a good time!

15. pygmalion

LOL! Tone deafness is no laughing matter. :wink: :lol:

16. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Definitely isn't when one is on the receib=ving end and not in with the others singing... :(

17. pygmalion

Exactly. :wink: :lol:

18. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I have been car dancing forever! I used to dance with big arm styling out the window and the sunroof. I think people are entertained by it.
    (Or they could just be laughing at me... who cares?)

I tell my students to practice their posture in the car, stretching up, and head back against the headrest. And, as you already know, ribcage isolations are great to practice at the stoplights.

Does anyone else dance down the grocery store aisles? Practice cuban motion while pushing your cart?

On Other Car Talents:
    I have been complimented while vocalizing on the way to sing in church choir by the guy in the car next to me. :)

19. pygmalion

ROTFL! Arm styling out the sunroof? That's a new one. Gotta love it, though. And I have do a car with a sunroof. :idea: Hmm. :wink:

20. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Yup, shoulder rolls too! :D This reminds that I haven't had a good "couple" car dance in a while. Okay, this is my goal set for this week. :wink: :lol: