Dancers Anonymous > Car Dancers Club

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Kittyirish, Aug 22, 2003.

1. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

A couple car dance? :?: [/i]

2. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

See my post on page nine of this thread. :D

3. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I sometimes do my checks, rock steps and balance exercises in the bus - till I get very weird looks, that is. I woudl do hips, too, but there are weirdos and pervies that lurk in the buses.
    My best friend would salsa at the bus stops and get hilarious looks. :lol: :lol: Not that she has stopped, of course. Now she's armed with an mp3 player, too. :twisted:

Twilight Elena

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol:

5. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I do it everywhere. I have had people ask me if I perform and now I can say that I do!! And if they like what they see it would be many times better when they come to check me out on stage. :wink: :)

6. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

Invented a new car dancing move call the "Cell phone pop". While holding on to the steering wheel with my left hand I do a pop/lock right arm wave and flick my cell phone over the wave reaches my arm. 8) :lol:

7. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

This is a good thread to bring back out of hiding...

I did a lotta car dancin' today! I had to travel an hour and a half (one way) for a presentation today. On the way, I bought a country CD (which is way out of the norm for me) because it had the "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" song on it. (Which, by the way, I am totally addicted to...I love that song!) Anyway, I popped the CD in and jammed, bebopped, and body rolled, head bumped, and shoulder shimmied the majority of the drive. Of course, I had to do the same on the hour and a half drive home...ahhh how I missed the sweetness of car dancing.

Anyone else been CDing lately?

8. pygmalion

I missed this. Hehe! Good one. 8)

9. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Guilty of all of the above! And then some! :D :wink:

10. dancersdreamland

You know what I just thought of...I don't have "car dancing" listed under the styles of dance section on my website. Anyone have a good "description" I could use...

11. dancersdreamland

You're going to love this...

I was in belly dance tonight and we were working on rib isolations (moving your ribs up/down, forward/back, left/right) and stomach rolls (where you tighten and release the three seperate areas of muscles in your stomach to make your stomach roll up or down), and our instructor said the best way to practice each of these techniques is in the car (or sitting on the edge of a chair or sitting on the floor).

Essentially, when your sitting (like in the car) your hips and pelvis stay isolated automatically so it is easier to move only your ribs or to isolate your stomach muscles.

I literally almost burst into a fit of giggles when she said this as I do rib isoluations ALL THE TIME in my car as I'm driving to an from places...and I couldn't stop thinking about this thread! :D

12. chandra

chandra New Member

I had a fun car dancing trip the other day, me, my dance teacher and 2 other students took a 2hr drive to see mad hot ballroom. We were playing "happy music" (aqua etc.) and totally jamming too it! Then we put the top down in my car in the parking lot after the movie, and hopped up into the car, and used the back seat as a slot. That didnt work to well. But we sure did make my care shake and boogie!

13. pygmalion

:lol: :lol: :lol: Is that the car trip you were hoping the car'd dry out for? And how's the movie? It's playing at an artsy theater about a 45-minute drive from me, and I'm thinking about heading over there tomorrow, if I feel better. What did you think?

14. chandra

chandra New Member

Yeah, thats the car trip I wanted my car dried out for. It was perfect for me, I didnt spit at all... But just for that day, its spitting agin now. :(

I really liked the movie, but that was partly because I went with 4 dance obsessed people, and no one else was in the theatre, so we "theatre danced" (the same as car dancing except in a theatre. And you can do line theatre dances too if you have multiple people). Do my suggestion with you is go with dance friends, and make it a fun outing! :)
    But yeah, deffinitly worth seeing either way, I have a poster hanging up in my room now. "Anyone can make it if they learn how to shake it".

8)

15. Bunny

Bunny New Member

omg me and my mum car dance!!!!

you know what the best song is?? 'Lets hear it for the boy' :lol:

16. pygmalion

Oh come on! There were a lot of good dance tunes on the Footloose soundtrack. How about Footloose by Kenny Loggins? :wink: :lol:

17. Bunny

Bunny New Member

we GO OFF to that song...like you have nooooo idea 8)

18. pygmalion

Oh yeah, I do. There are a few songs I can think of that make me dance my tush, wiggle my waist, style my arms, move my lower legs, sing, and make fake drum beats on the steering whell, all at the same time. :shock: :oops: :lol:

19. Bunny

Bunny New Member

my lord..you should see my dad!!!

hes soooo embaressing....*insert bad 70's dancing to elvis music here*

20. pygmalion

Hey. Let your Dad have fun. One of these days, you'll be embarrassing kids of your own. :roll: :lol: :lol: