Dancers Anonymous > Cha Cha Slide Anyone?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Phil Owl, Dec 10, 2003.

?

Cha Cha Slide Anyone?

1. YES: Slidin' my way to happiness!

100.0%
  2. Only At Gunpoint!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. NO: Must--run---for nearest----- EXIT!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Would rather have an angry owl swoop down at me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Cha-Cha WHAT??????????

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

You know, you folks really need to lighten up and enjoy some of these line dances. They're way fun when you're out with a crowd of rowdy friends. Not that I ever am, mind you. :lol: :lol:

3. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I wasn't going to say anything, BUT since YOU brought it up... Line dances aren't too bad. A little better then the macerena. [shudder] :)

4. youngsta

youngsta Active Member

cha cha slide is pure evil! You better have a loaded gun or a lot of alcohol to make me do it!! :lol:

5. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

I've heard the song, but never seen it done - or done it myself.

6. ballroomboilergirl

ballroomboilergirl New Member

The thing about the cha-cha slide that kinda bugs me is that no one really seems to know how to do it...including me! :lol: I mean, they give you directions like "one hop" and "hands on your knees", but what is it really supposed to look like? And what do you do on the off-measures when they aren't giving you directions? LOL I guess this is me making things harder and more technical than they really are, but I guess I don't like a dance where there is really no standard set of steps to work with and build onto:?

7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hi ballroomboilergirl! :D

Believe it or not, there are actually step lists and choreography details posted for this dance. Amazing, the things people do with their time! :shock: :lol: :lol: Anyway, dancersdreamland posted links in the other Cha Cha Slide thread, which take you to the step lists.

The thing is, if you're out having fun with your friends, nobody cares if you're doing the steps right, anyway. Just have fun with it. Either that, or make your way to the nearest exit! LOL!

8. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Well, the Cha Cha Slide and the Electric Slide are definite ice breakers in my neck of the woods. Even the people who publicly say they hate will do it when they're hanging out with their friends. :D Even a commericial for "Equal" chimed in on it! :lol:

9. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

wow... it's a very big rock I apparently live under! what is this?? I don't think I've ever heard it.

but if it's anything like the macarena I don't feel bad for missing it!

10. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Must be! Especially to have enough room for Vince and I as well! :lol:

11. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

thanks SD, that makes me feel a little better....

at least it's cozy under the rock!

12. SDsalsaguy

No problem SK, you know you can always count on me! :wink:

13. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

to live under a rock? :shock:

14. NeoDevin

NeoDevin New Member

I hope there's room for one more under that rock.

15. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Can I join you guys too? Man, that rock is more popular then the people out there doing the dance!! I vote we put them all under the rock with the cha cha slide, and we get a real cha cha on to get our groove on!

Seriously, I agree with pygmalion as long as you are having fun it does not matter what your moves are. So, I will do the cha cha slide if I can dance it with one of you guys. We'll make it our own and as we do our shines we'll convert those evil dancers who corrupt latin dance!! :twisted:

16. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

my my I'll have to make up the guest beds under this rather large rock... good thing I just got the drapes cleaned ;)

17. SDsalsaguy

Methinks I detect another club coming on . . . :lol:

18. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

the "Never Heard of Cha Cha Slide Club" or the "Under a Rock with Swing Kitten Club" ... ???

either way... let's not :roll: clubs are nothing but trouble

19. SDsalsaguy

SK! :shock:

How can you say that??? :eek:

The IRU RULES :!:

20. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

I dunno-- anything that leads to hiaku challenges is severly suspect and not to be trusted

... nothing but trouble!!

:lol: