Dance Ads > Champagne Peach Marabo Dress

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Katarzyna, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I will add measurements.. thanks guys. This dress already has some accessories made for it includig a hair clup and I think 2 pairs of earrings... I will add that to the ad...

2. Katarzyna

I always search for ballroom dress or ballroom or dance and it usually comes up... . hhmm

3. Katarzyna

I am so scared posting it with no reserve, you have no idea.. but I am broke (AGAIN).. and i need to sell something soon. I bought this one for a lot, but it just won't work for me.. and sitting in my closed it doesn't do me any good..

4. Katarzyna

only $687.5 to go and I will only loose tiny bit on this dress... yay.. sort of..

5. Katarzyna

only $492.94 to go and I will only loose tiny bit on this dress... yay..
    The countdown continues. oh how noice it would be not to loose money

6. Katarzyna

only 14 hours more to go, and the price is still under 400

7. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

Experienced ebayers often wait until the last minute to bid, so it should go up in the last hour. With any luck, you'll get a last minute bidding war that will really drive it up!

8. Katarzyna

Let's hope, I'm hoping :)

9. Katarzyna

finally 400.. whew.. hope it continues :) stressed .. trying not to bite my nails..

10. Katarzyna

ok now, I am biting nails :)

11. Katarzyna

413, very very sad :(

12. Katarzyna

yay, the bidder was hesitant and backed out.. that's absolutely fantastic for me :) as I dont' want to let go of it for so little :)

13. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Sheesh :rolleyes:
    Make sure you get reimbursed your eBay fees since the sale fell through.

14. Katarzyna

hm, how do I do that?

15. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Not sure since I haven't had anyone stiff me on eBay yet (knock wood), but I think the Final Value Fee is waived if the sale is not completed. There has to be a FAQ on eBay somewhere. Gotta run -- will try to look later.

16. Katarzyna

I found something like that, hope it will work

17. TooManyHats

TooManyHats New Member

I just wanted to say "hi," and reading this thread, I couldn't keep quiet any longer. I had been following the dress on ebay (would have bought it myself if I had a prayer of fitting into it,) and almost cried for you when I saw what it sold for. It is such a gorgeous dress, and deserves to go for far more. I don't know why, but dresses don't seem to be selling well anywhere recently.

18. Katarzyna

Thank you for this comment.. I am so glad the buyer decided to pass on the purchase.. I hope dresses start selling again. I don't know why it's been just so DEAD for couple of months... Everyone I talk to says the same thing.

I hope I can sell it better somewhere else.. and it will find a happy owner. It's really nice, and 400 is WAY WAY WAY too little for a dress like this. I was shocked to see how little it was bid up..

19. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

ebay is where people go to get amazing deals (or to find things they can't find anywhere else). So, while things will sell fast, you won't necessarily get a good price. Also, I think ebay customers for dance dresses are looking for larger sizes. You can find a boatload of pretty dresses under size 6 on ballroomdancers.com and other places. It's no accident that the Chinese sellers focus on dresses size 8-16.

20. Katarzyna

I had good luck with ebay couple moths ago where I sold a few dresses.. But it's been slow everywhere now it seems. All dance sites are slow. everyone I know selling dresses lately is telling me they have a tough time.. It was A LOT easier couple months ago.. now sure why. no competitions, economy... >???