Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Changes Afoot on So You Think You Can Dance

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by lacubs, Mar 26, 2010.

1. chica latina

chica latina New Member

Does anyone knows the actual schedule.. I know they showed some of Vegas last week, but they still have too many dancers... so are they going to continue showing eliminations this week, when does the actual competiton starts?

2. RickRS

RickRS Member

Next week is start of regular competition of the top 10.

This Wednesday is part II of Vegas week
    Thursday episode is "Meet the Top Ten", and described as "Top Ten dancers are introduced."

I'm hoping Thursday's introduction is like Season 6's intro; the dancers are already announced in the last episode of Vegas week, and they got a chance to show off with some dance numbers during the one hour show before the competition and the voting started the following week.

However, the new changes include the Top Ten dancers being announced to the dancer's family and friends, implying the cameras go to the dancers hometown and maybe interviews with the dancers' family. That would burn up a hour show without getting into any dance number, so we'll see.

3. Beto

Beto Active Member

Seconded! Loved seeing her in the Vegas rounds too. Didn't think there could be a drill instructor tougher than Mia or Tabitha but Toni really pushed the dancers during the ballroom round!

4. chica latina

chica latina New Member

Thanks for the info RickRS..

I second that.. not having one episode w/o any actual dancing in it...

5. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

Loved Toni on the show! If you are gonna have a ballroom expert, please have her on instead of the Screecher!