Tango Argentino > Cheapest private lessons in Europe?

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Andreas Winsnes, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Vincenze

Vincenze Member

I thought you asked about places with the cheapest lessons and milongas full of pretty young ladies.

2. Andreas Winsnes

Andreas Winsnes New Member

@Vincenze

Age and beauty not relevant. Kiev certainly is an option though.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  3. TomTango

TomTango Active Member

I've never done this, but here's an idea how I might go about it:
    1. Google the milongas in the city you're visiting/might want to visit
    2. Search youtube or google for performances this year at that milonga. Example "Tango Nou Mitte Performance 2017" (for Berlin). Local teachers often perform at local milongas, often to solicit private lessons.
    3. Find the teachers whose dancing you like and email them. Say how many private lessons you'll be wanting to take and ask for a package deal. Most teachers offer reduced prices for multiple private lessons.

4. Vincenze

Vincenze Member

5. itwillhappen

itwillhappen Active Member

Maybe that there is not so much difference between unknown teachers on Oslo and unknown teachers in Kiev?
    Please, please - be so nice to report us about your experiences abroad and how it promoted you in your local dancing afterwards!

6. One more thing to consider is whether in the city you select the people speak your language. You may end up in a place with very inexpensive rates, with a teacher who can not communicate with you...

7. itwillhappen

But talking is the minor part in communication, body language dominates. A tango teacher that does not teach a relevant part body-to-body is not suited for me.
    I pay 80 €/h for a teacher I understood fully from the first moment in every regard.
    Okay - as tango is a partner dance, I pay only half of that. (I did never make "invests" to get a "return" with prospective dance partners!)
    Okayokay - and I pay only half of hotel bill, travel expenses, all expenses... :)

8. pascal

pascal Active Member

In Paris I bought a series of ten privates for €400 last year. One hour each, and a number of them actually lasted 1h30. Not a world-class teacher at all, but then in Paris we don't have any.

9. itwillhappen

When you've been a child and went to school - when it was really important - how many "world-class teachers" have been waiting there for you? :sorry:

Mladenac and LadyLeader like this.