Country and Western > Checking In..

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by WorkinOnIt, Aug 6, 2004.

1. WorkinOnIt

WorkinOnIt New Member

Hi Everyone,
    Just wanted to let you all know.. kinda give you an update.. for reasons beyond her current control.. Ann can no longer check in on a regular basis which is why you've not been hearing from her much. Outside of coming to my place sometime during the day.. she is no longer checking email or the DF on a regular basis during the day.

I know she was pretty active here before.. which is why I'm sharing this.

She is however ok .. I make sure of that every night.

If you have any IMPORTANT info or messages you want to or need to get to her that you feel can't wait or something (basically whatever).. I'm always happy to do it get it to her.

Thanks

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Good to know. Thanks. :)

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. I was wondering. Tell her I said hello, I hope all's well, and best of luck with her dancing and upcoming competitions. 8)

4. WorkinOnIt

WorkinOnIt New Member

You're entirely wecome. She'll be checking in this weekend.. probably Sat morning some time... So she'll see your post and most likely respond then. But I'll give her the good wishes when I see her a little later. 8)

We compete in about 2 weeks. Hard at work at night and hurting a lot by the time its all over.. we've been given a strict schedule to follow between now and competition. Albert told us Tuesday night.. you will work hard but work smart and here's how. We've been following his instructions to the letter ever since.

5. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Good to hear all is well . . . you've had some rest, now it's time to work to get your routines into your head and into muscle memory. With hard work and Albert's coaching, you should place well if not take a first overall.

Let us know how practice is going . . .

Where is the next comp?

6. WorkinOnIt

WorkinOnIt New Member

Yes.. absolutely. The muscle memory is the hardest part. Well, we're not doing enough for an overall.. we're only doing 4 together.

Say Vince.. do you know a Deby Booth or Boothe?

The next comp is in Chicago.. "Chicagoland".

7. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Oh, I forgot . . . you need to add . . . the Waltz still???

No, although the name rings a bell!

Oh, in Rosemont - good event. New directors too . . . Randy and Jennifer . . . I forget their last names, but she is an emcee too.

I read somewhere that John Lindo will be conducting some workshops there . . . get into to them if you can. Well worth it!

8. WorkinOnIt

WorkinOnIt New Member

well we haven't done triple two or waltz and I think there may be one or two more.

Well.. I dance with Deby Clark.. now she used to dance with Victor E.. which is who wrote the html reference site you sent me.

yes.. I know them both.. great people.. she is hilarious while emcing.. actually they are coming to the DB this weekend to visit us.

Ok.. who is John Lindo.. though I'm sure Ann may be familiar with him.. I've not heard the name before. What does he teach?

Well.. it's 4:09pm EST.. and I have to leave.. heading down to DB to go meet with Albert and Deby.. gonna do a 2hr private with Deby.. then Ann will do a 1hr with Albert.. then a little while later we'll do another hour or so by ourselves prior to open dance. Busy night and then if we can last.. more open dancing.. :wink:

9. Sagitta

I believe that John Lindo is known for WCS.

10. WorkinOnIt

WorkinOnIt New Member

Ah.. ok.. then Albert should know him. I'll mention it to him later.

11. WorkinOnIt

WorkinOnIt New Member

Have a good evening everyone..

12. AnnieMarie

AnnieMarie New Member

Hi Everybody,
    Yes...for reasons beyond my control I will no longer be checking in during the day. Ron always passes along the really important stuff though.

Practices are intense to say the least. Of course...would I be happy if I wasn't getting pushed...probably not. I don't always enjoy it...but it's the nature of the game.

Time is flying by that's for sure. I can't believe Chicagoland is in two weeks.

13. DancinDude

DancinDude New Member

ID Change

Hi Everyone,
    Well.. I first checked into just changing my ID via my profile.. since that is not possible.. After thinking and discussing it between Ann and Myself.. I've created a new ID .. formerly known as "WorkinOnIt" or WOI.. I've now switched to "DancinDude". We think it fits much better.

I hope this doesn't cause any issues for anyone.

I've copied and saved all my private email under the previous addy.

Thanks,
    Ron aka DancinDude

14. DancinDude

DancinDude New Member

I spoke to Albert and Deby last night after practice.. I think I may have told them the wrong name.. neither had heard of him. I copied the message directly so as to have the name right and zapped it to them.

I'll find out more tomorrow..

Ron (DancinDude) formerly WorkinOnIt

15. Sagitta

16. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

From all I hear, John Lindo is one of the best out there for WCS. 8)

17. DancinDude

DancinDude New Member

I printed that blurb out from his website.. I brought it in.. Both Albert and Deby knew who he is.. Deby highly recommends him as well as she has danced with him.

18. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Hiya DD . . . sounds better than "WOI" . . .

John Lindo is amazing . . . in all of his dances . . . hard to believe that he is "THAT" smooth when you first see him before he dances.

19. DancinDude

DancinDude New Member

Thanks Vince..

Ya.. that's basically exactly what Deby Clark said as well. Ann and I will try to take his class.. it'll just depend on what is happening and how busy we are but I'm sure going to make the effort.

20. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I always have the "bad luck" - you know, the class I want to take is right when I have to dance Pro-Am!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just remember, that's my bad luck . . . you of course should be fine :wink: