Dance Ads > Choice of London Pink Ballgown for Sale

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by skwiggy, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

2. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Lavender one is beautiful...

3. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I like the salmon one. crikey. only 2 standard lessons under my belt tho.

4. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Been bitten by the Standard bug also, huh?!?!

5. mamboqueen

well, just a nibble so far. we'll see how it goes.

6. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

That dress would probably look great on you!

Glad to hear you're getting started with Standard too. :banana:

7. mamboqueen

The color doesn't look too far off from my new latin (which you saw on FB). I do like that color. And I like the style of that dress.

We'll have to see where I am with it in a few months. I do like it...although having a hard time getting used to straight feet. It feels pidgeon-toed to me.

8. skwiggy

Yup, sometimes it does. Definitely a different use of the feet and legs overall. But as with anything else, as you begin to feel the advantages of using them that way, your body will accept it more easily. ;)

9. skwiggy

And you look stunning in that one. :)

10. mamboqueen

I am hoping there are certain concepts/techniques that crossover....this way making it easier for me to relate it to something I'm already doing. My quad muscle was a bit achey after the first lesson, which is unusual for me. But, so far, I'm liking waltz and tango. We'll see what happens when he throws FT at me. The only other time I did some group standard classes, we spent one entire class walking backwards and forwards to get the idea of the weight transference. It was hellish!

thanks for the compliments on the dress. I have to get it shortened a few inches, but I do really like the style. It's different for me.

11. skwiggy

Yes, there are. I did 10-dance for quite some time and I was always pleasantly surprised at just how much cross over there was. Plus just the sense of your center that you have already developed in Latin should give you a good jump start. :)

12. mamboqueen

lol - you're making an assumption! :)

13. skwiggy

Fair enough. ;)

But I think it's a fair assumption that in order to dance any style with any kind of proficiency at all, you must have at least been casually introduced to your center, even if you aren't yet the best of friends. :p

14. mamboqueen

yeah...I've been called on it, and don't give it as much thought as I should. It's a somewhat abstract concept to me still.

15. skwiggy

The lavender gown is sold, and the pink is still available.

16. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

I love the pink one.... would it fit someone with a broad back/shoulders???

17. skwiggy

Meaning you? Broad? Seriously?? You appear to be anything but.

18. skwiggy

check your PMs, Nonie.

19. Artemia

Artemia New Member

Would it be possible to have you PM or post here the measurements of the available dress -- and maximum suggested height for a dancer who would wish to wear it?

Thanks!

20. skwiggy

Sent you a PM with the measurements and height. Basically it should fit anyone from 5'4" - 5'7" size 0-6.