Ballroom Dance > Videos > Christopher Hawkins and Hazel Newberry Quickstep WSS 1999 & 2001

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Dapenda, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Dapenda

Dapenda New Member

2. Dapenda

Dapenda New Member

btw, does anyone know the name of the song on the 1999 video?

3. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

The later demo. was a vast improvement in many areas .A lot more traditional in substance, and a better connection.

4. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

you have to remove the http:// www stuff, and only include the actual filename between the YouTube tags, like this:

5. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

Shout and Feel It

6. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

Yes, I see improvement - they're much more together and better connected. I still see weird positions from Hazel (especially the popped right shoulder a few times) and to me she never stretches or uses her back enough but yes, definite improvement. They look much better on my 2004 tape than they do on this 2001 one...

7. Dapenda

Dapenda New Member

thanks for the song name and "how to"
    White Chacha and And123.

8. Dapenda

Dapenda New Member

Here's another one from I have no idea which year, but they look pretty young and Chris seems really flamboyant

But as always they look like they're really having tons of fun!

9. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

Flamboyant ?-- that was the whole purpose of this " show " type Q/ Step.

Excellent musical interpretation ( Wally Fryer would have been proud of them ! )

10. Dapenda

Dapenda New Member

what's the significance of Wally Fryer to quickstep? Did he have a very similar style?

Btw, I'm really interested how Chris & Hazel would do today if he kept competing with her