Tango Argentino > Videos > Claudio & Barbara

Discussion in 'Videos' started by tangogo-dancer, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Not sure if you guys know them (they don't seem to speak english so I don't believe they've come across the Atlantic that often) but they're great teachers and performers :

Warning : this performance contains explicit open-embrace material

2. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

Sorry, (in a hurry) but I don´t like the guy´s part: too much "noise" in general, up and down bobbing, right foot often inwards directed, paddling with his left arm, too much plié and bended knees. (The poor figure with the rear ganchos may be due to the high speed). I arrogate myself to critize, because these are my own leaky areas. Please compare this performance to the original of Pablo and Noelia.

Bytheway, who is dancing on this vid? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYXtBG1u_HY

3. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

I'm with OD on this. I didn't like the leader's walk, or his style in general. I think the follower did the best she could with what he was doing.

4. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

er it probably says under the video...

5. dchester

I think it's the same couple in the earlier video (Claudio & Barbara). I don't really think they are dancing to the music playing in the video, however. Parts of the dancing in the video look to be in slow motion. Whoever edited the video did a very good job, IMO.

6. Mladenac

Mladenac Well-Known Member

LOL

I can't connect their dancing with the song.

I saw them in better videos.

7. opendoor

Thanks - it would never have occurred to me. Scrolling down the thread I found:

But that means, that they use to dance better previously. Or do you think the author actually done his bit?

8. I probably should have chosen the performance more carefully, even though I think OD's critical comments would apply to any performance of theirs (as I believe it's a "parti pris" rather than a "leaky area" on their part). Maybe this one is a bit better closer to the one I saw last Saturday :
    [YT]-0XBAYF5h1E[/YT]

9. opendoor

rather hypersensitive than biased

Hi td, please forgive my spontaneous crit. Actually there is no "parti pris" at all - almost the other way round: once I found the Syracusa-trailer cited above, I immediately loaded it down onto my pc and stored it the "source for ideas" folder! So you can imagine how worried I was to watch such a bad performance. I could not believe this should be the same couple. And concerning the "leaky areas", I am working on these topics very hard now and I am really sensitized in finding them. But I really must repeat: the Pablo Rodriguez attitude is much to platitudinous in either of Claudio´s current vids.

:peace:

10. dchester

I think the follower is very good. I'd like to see what she could do with a different leader. It's just a personal preference, but I really don't care for his style.

11. Mladenac

Mladenac Well-Known Member

I choose wisely when I present my favourite couples :cool::cool:

12. A slight misunderstanding maybe : I meant it was their "parti pris" to move their arms a lot and abuse the "plié", not yours :)

13. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

very nice

14. opendoor

Yes, it turnes into a netiquette discussion, finally. And now I feel a bit guilty for my harsh crit. Really did not mean to talk this couple down. Will be more cautious in future.