Salsa > Clothes for salsa dancing

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by pygmalion, Nov 28, 2003.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

2. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

I generally wear black pants and a nice top with a slight embelishment and nice color. I love reds. I also get salsa gear with with Lycra and cotton because of all the movement. Also, a nice dance shoe with a cuban style heel. That reminds me, I need new shoes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. tasche

tasche New Member

I would have never considered buying clothes at Santee Alley for dancing but I guess it is disposable. Hmm next time I'm in the garment district I'll have to take a look with a fresh eye

4. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

I just LOVE dresses for salsa. You can get away with really over the top (eg. LOUD floral! :shock: ) dresses at salsa clubs.

These days some of the clubs I go to are getting less formal, so a nice little top from teeny bopper shops with nicely cut hipster (make sure you wear hipster undies too!) jeans are casul & sexy.

I also LOVE low-ride (hipster) pants with one of those long-fringe lacy triangular shawl thingies (matching colour of your pants!) tied around the waist. The fringes fly with your movements, and it acts as security measures when your low-ride pants ride lower (as they often stretch!)!

if any of you are interested in this thread, plz also check out "What kind of funny/crazy clothings have you worn to go dancing?" under 'Funstuff & Inspiration' :wink:

5. tasche

tasche New Member

Good idea about using a scarf. I always find my pants stretch enough in one wearing to get dangerous!

6. pygmalion

I like dresses that move -- preferably red, which looks good on me, and is very eye-catching on the floor. And, while I like spaghetti straps, the top has to be secure enough that I don't have to worry about any body parts flopping about or the top falling/slipping off. Meaning, no strapless anything! :shock:

7. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Almost always black slacks. Top changes according to my mood!! :)

8. pygmalion

:lol: :lol: Men have it so easy. :wink: :cry: :lol:

9. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Yep, you make red look good!
    :cry: :wink:

10. pygmalion

Sorry, Vince. What can I say? I still remember boriken's memorable dance floor story. I don't want to make some poor guy ghug me all the way to the ladies room. :lol: :lol:

11. redhead

redhead New Member

Dresses. Red. Black. Purple. Floral. The crazier, the better. I just make sure they don't show too much when I spin, so a salesperson at my favorite stores always gat a little show (jumps, stretches, splits, spins) - gotta make sure it works! :p

12. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I totally agree!! I believe that I saw some pictures that you posted of yourself and I saw the red dress.

[I'm in a really good talkative mood tonight!! :) ]