Dancers Anonymous > Clothing Dramas

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Lioness, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I found a dress I think I will wear. The website of the store I bought it from doesn't have a picture of it online, so here's a picture with bonus bad-hat-hair me.

[​IMG]

Goes well with nice, thick stockings. Pretty belt optional. Going to buy some jewellery and a nice jacket to go with it.

2. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

I love Aerosoles too, especially their soles made of suede, very comfy and supportive

3. Standarddancer

Very pretty dress, Lioness! Really like the neckline of dress

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

gold hoops are my two cents, of a medium size...will go well with your hair color and the dress color...and are so classic and useful...I like the dress, with or without the belt...I think the neck is pretty on you ...and yes, a jacket or a shrug would be a nice thing to have and maybe a bracelet of some quirky pop of non-matching color, like yellow or purple

5. bia

bia Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about shoes for the upcoming wedding of a friend, and I'm really tempted to wear a pair of latin shoes whose soles I don't care about. They're prettier and more comfortable than any non-dance shoes in my closet, and when I'm looking around for other options to buy, I keep being drawn to things that look dance-shoe-like. Would wearing them be clever or silly? They're simple, solid vamp with under the arch strap, and I don't know that non-dancers would realize that they're dance shoes, but I could be wrong. What do y'all think?

6. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I think go for it, as long as you don't care about the soles. :)

7. fascination

the flesh toned street pump is in these days...I'd do it

8. bia

bia Well-Known Member

Yay! Thanks, both.

9. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Not quite clothing, but similar...

My hair is long; I would say its about a hand's width below the base of my bra strap, for reference. I have a wedding to attend shortly. I can't really have anything interest g done with my hair that day (for various reasons), but I would still like it t look nice. Also, I am incompetent when it comes to futzing with my hair (I missed that bit of How To Be A Girl).

Thoughts on something to do with it? Suggestions? Anything?

10. fascination

your hair is pretty...I think that it would be lovely in an up-do or just pulling up the front and letting the back be loose....a chignon is not a difficult ting to do ....mebbe ask skwiggs...her hair seems very similar to yours

11. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

12. Lioness

New drama!

Have a wedding at the end of the month.

It's in the evening, but both the ceremony and the reception are at a restaurant. Quite a nice one, from what BF says.

But, the invitation says "Evening casual"

Evening casual seems very out of sync with fancy restaurant.
    What types of things are evening casual? "Evening" suggests a cocktail dress...casual suggests jeans...so I just mod the two together and find something in the middle? Cocktail style in a more ordinary fabric?

13. Peaches

Little black dress. Invest in one.

14. Lioness

Isn't it bad to wear black to a wedding?

15. Peaches

No. Not really. Cultural expectations can play a role, but generally that admonition has fallen by the wayside. I wouldn't go wearing a black hat with a black veil, but a simple LBD accessorised with a colorful scarf or jewelry should be fine.

16. Lioness

Awesome. That makes it much easier.

17. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Not as bad as wearing white!

18. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Ya got that right, Joe. lol!

Wearing black to a wedding used to be verboten. Not anymore. One of my older sisters actually had a black and white wedding ... um ... fifteen? sixteen? years ago. It was in January. Virtually everybody wore black. Perfectly okay, these days. :-D

19. Standarddancer

probably I prefer a faux wraparound dress since some of the wraparound dress keeps opening at chest, needs to use safety pin to keep them closed:( no need to worry about dress opening up in front if it is faux-wrapped around, just for the look but no worries;) you know what I mean?

20. fascination

meh...not so sure that casual, with any qualifier, ever means jeans....it may mean smart pants, but it probably never means jeans....that being said, there are many fine dining restuarants that are fine with casual (even jeans, though I still wouldn't advise it)....particularly fine restuarants in tourist venues or vacation spots