Dancers Anonymous > Coffee or Tea

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by benhere, Oct 24, 2005.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. Coffee

31 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. Tea

25 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. Other

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Rosa

Rosa New Member

The organic ones are expensive cos they're not grown in bulk. The more we buy, the cheaper they become! :cool:

Hope you enjoy the teas you ordered - let us know how you like them!

Rosa :)

2. lynn

lynn New Member

i've noticed that some ppl actually cook the herbs - i think for medicinal purposes, but usually simmering them for 10-15 min. should be enough right??

3. Rosa

Rosa New Member

I've heard of that, but have no personal experience of it, and not being a herbalist I can't advise you further. If you buy something that's sold as "tea" from a herbalist it should be enough to infuse (not simmer) it for 5 - 10 minutes. The therapeutic effects can be very strong, just from the tea alone.

Any further advice you'd have to take from a qualified herbalist. Or buy a good book. I recommend "The Complete Illustrated Herbal" by David Hoffman.

4. lynn

lynn New Member

Oh, i'm not using them for therapeutic reasons, but i do know that some herbs have really strong effects if not used carefully....

Now i'm really anxious to get my tea!!! Yay!!! I was able to get some of the more common ones in organic version, but some i had to settle for the regular kind *sighs*..... but hey, they're better than nothing!

5. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

What do you guys think about White Tea?

6. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Never tried it. They say there's less caffeine in it. Is that true?

7. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

A lot of Chinese herbs are prescribed for illnesses here in Asia, and the herbs are simmered for several minutes(some up to 10 minutes) before drinking.

Funny about the $9 chamomile, Lynn! I LOVE to make chamomile tea to get me sleepy before bed, and I buy it when I travel as it is quite expensive here. When I was in Greece last time, I came upon a spice shop and bought close to a kilo of it for as little as $3! It is also very cheap in South America( and known as manzanilla).

8. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

Dunno exactly. Supposedly it's even better for you than green tea. My aunt is allergic to most teas and, for some reason, white tea is the only one she can drink. I wonder why that is.

9. lynn

lynn New Member

I found an online site that sells organic herbs! Yay, and for a fraction of the price i paid! Now that i have something to compare to, the price i paid was outrageously high!

10. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

Which site?

11. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

well, that is good b/c apparently alcohol increases the risk...so as long as I don't give up either one I am golden

13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i thought red was good, due to the antioxidants in the grape skins? meh... everything's arguable...

14. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

for the heart yes...not re colon cancer

15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

gotcha. guess live greenies for that...

16. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

I answered coffee cause I like it better than tea, but there are other things like like more than either. Oh well.

17. yippee1999

yippee1999 Member

in the a.m. I generally like coffee. I only drink decaf, and rotate between mochas, cappuccino, cafe au lait....

on the weekends however, I might have coffee OR tea in the a.m. Depends on my mood.

Almost every night, I will have tea before bed.

My faves are chamomile, earl grey (generally only have that in the a.m.), fennel, Tazo's Green Ginger (with pear essence), Tazo's Chai, and a loose tea I get at whole foods called Magreb Mint or something...it has the most amazing spices in it such as tarragon. Oh, and when I really want to treat myself, I have the loose tea... er....gosh, the name is escaping me.... that very fragrant flower....it's tiny, tight little balls of the flowerbud....asian.... anyway I'll have that once in a while as a treat....

18. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

I like a have a good cup of coffee in the morning to kick the day off right. My favorite brand is Alterra, which I want to say is local from where I am. A few of their beans/blends are imported as fair trade. Alterra also has a number of organic beans/blends.

At night I do like a good cup of loose leaf tea with a bit of honey. Teavana is a good place to go for loose leaf tea, roobios is my favorite, well next to white, but I can't afford to buy that stuff!

19. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I love, love, coffee. And I can't have it much. Gives me a racing heartbeat and serious stomach pain. So I drink tea. I try to get at least one cup of green tea per day (decaf) for all the good stuff that's supposed to be in it.