Dancers Anonymous > Coffee or Tea

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by benhere, Oct 24, 2005.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. Coffee

31 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. Tea

25 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. Other

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Here's a pasta dish that I made the other night and it was fabulous- took less than 15 minutes to prepare & cook everything-

Pasta with Italian Bacon and Mushrooms

In 3 TBS olive oil, saute 3 large cloves garlic, sliced, until very brown. Remove the garlic pieces and add 1 cup of sliced Italian bacon or ham (regular bacon will do, too!) to the hot oil & also 1 tsp finely chopped hot pepper. When the bacon is pretty much cooked, add the mushrooms (I used "maitake", but any brown mushroom will work, about 2 cups, in thick slices). Return the garlic chips to pan if desired. Drain the cooked pasta(spaghetti or spaghettini, enough for 4) and put 3 TBS olive oil in the still-hot pot you've used to cook the pasta, return the drained pasta and top with the bacon/mushroom mixture. Toss well. You may serve with greated romano-pecorino cheese(or parmesan) btu it is fabulous plain. The sauce should take just as long as the pasta to cook, about 8 minutes, so you can start both at the same time.

2. lynn

lynn New Member

wow, sounds delicious!! Is there anything i can sub for bacon/ham?? I'm not a very big fan of meats.....

now i know what plum tomatoes are!! I used the greenhouse vine tomatoes - the very expensive kind.....

coco, i started a recipes thread, do you mind moving your delicious recipe over there?

3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

the whole recipe revolves around the meat! I have other pasta recipes on the COOKING AND FOOD FORUMS. SInce this is teh Dance Forums, I suggest you go over there and have a look! (I have lots of vegetarian recipes, and mediterranean recipes over there, too!)

4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

5. Rosa

Rosa New Member

It's the potatoes that soak it up.

I once watched a Spanish woman prepare a tortilla espanola and I couldn't BELIEVE the amount of oil she put in that pan. But when we ate it, it tasted yummy! :D

If you're making an omelette without potatoes, you won't need nearly as much oil.

Rosa :)

6. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Sounds good! As I have a hungry teenager to feed and somehow attempt to keep healthy, I'll go over there and have a look. :cool:

7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

You need lots of oil, at least for home fries. Skimp on the oil, and you end up with burnt, sticking-to-the-pan potatoes. *shrug*

8. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I wonder how a coffee/tea thread evolved into recipe advice. Hmm. Tis bizarre, hijacking. You can never know when it will hit ya. ;)

Twilight Elena

9. pygmalion

Every single thread here has been hijacked at least once, it seems.

I try really hard to steer the dance-related ones back on course, when I can. It's extremely annoying, months later, to be looking for dance-related information and find, instead, a discussion of somebody's romantic break-up or a recipe for chocolate almond torte. :headwall: :lol:

I don't try as hard with the non-dance related ones. I figure let folks talk about whatever they want. Eventually a DF newbie will come in and (wonder of all wonders :wink:) actually answer the original question asked. :lol:

10. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Isn't that all part of life's rich tapestry? :cool: :lol:

11. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Yep. :D

Twilight Elena

12. lynn

lynn New Member

maybe b/c we ran out of coffee/tea things to talk about??

O.K., here's a survey, what's the most expensive coffee/tea you've had?? Are they worth the $$??

13. pielcanela

pielcanela New Member

tea but in reality always coffee

14. pygmalion

Meaning what? That awful stuff coffee drinkers make with tea bags and their coffee makers? I shudder to think of it. :lol:

15. lynn

lynn New Member

i remember someone telling me that people who used to drinking coffee will think that tea doesn't have enough caffeine (or is that the other way around???)

P.S. I remember reading somewhere that tea has 7x as much caffeine as coffee, does that even sound plausible?? Every nutrition label i've read the caffeine content is coffee always seem higher!

16. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Must admit, I've always thought coffee was much higher in caffeine than tea.

Maybe that's why us Brits are so reserved and understated. We don't drink enough caffeine! :wink: :lol:

17. pygmalion

I don't know about the relative amounts of caffeine in coffee and tea. I do know that, the way I brew it, tea has a LOT of caffeine ... just the way I like it. :wink: :lol:

18. swan

swan Member

The other day I saw a commercial about a new 'tea maker'. You put a bag into this thing & then after X amount of time, the perfect tea will come out. I thought to myself - how moronic is that! :)

Wouldn't it be easier to boil the water & just dip your tea bag in there & let it sit for couple of minutes?

Lately my husband has perfected his Hong Kong milk tea making. Put hot tap water & 1 bag of that Rickshaw brand celon tea in it & put it in microwave for 1 min. 30 sec. Then put condensed milk and sugar. Voila - perfect HK milk tea! I started doing that for all my other kinds of tea.

The very delicate expensive loose tea leaves, you'll have boiling water & the teapot to do that job, no tea-maker can subsitute for it.

19. lynn

lynn New Member

i think in order to make the "perfect tea" - the water has to be at a certain temperature and you can't simmer the tea bag/leaves for too long - or is it the longer the better?? hmm.....

20. pygmalion

The water needs to come to a rolling boil, for me to find the tea palatable. (For black teas, that is. :) )