Dancers Anonymous > Coffee or Tea

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by benhere, Oct 24, 2005.

?

Which do you prefer?

1. Coffee

31 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. Tea

25 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. Other

4 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. lynn

lynn New Member

i've never tried black tea, does it taste a little bitter?? hmm, maybe i'm relating it to dark chocolate??

2. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Speaking of which, I'm going to make some cocoa right now. I'm going to pull a glorious all-nighter. :???:

Twilight Elena

3. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

That's something I definitely don't miss.. weekly allnighters in school to finish up papers

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

If you steep it too long, it can taste a little bitter. I usually add lemon to mellow the flavor a little, so I can make the tea very strong. :cool:

5. lynn

lynn New Member

i felt adventurous today so i went to the grocery stores and checked out the tea aisles - there were tons of green tea & earl grey but not much herbal tea selection - i saw dandelion tea though!

6. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Was the dandelion tea in teabags, Lynn? Some commercial teas produced in teabags have been processed and no longer contain much of the active ingredients that the fresh preparation you get from a herbalists (which is often organically grown and prepared under controlled conditions) contains.

I'm not saying it's not worth a try. Just don't drink it before bed. Better safe than sorry! :roll:

Rosa :)

7. swan

swan Member

Do you have Whole Foods in your area? I just went there last night & picked up a whole bunch of tea. They have the loose tea leaf ones. I was impressed they even have the dragon well 'pearl' tea! I don't know if they're any good. I've got my stock from China :)

They've also got a lot of organic herb tea selection.

I saw Twilight Elena's post & even picked up a can of cocoa :)

8. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

Coffee wakes me up

Tea makes me relax

9. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

Went to starbucks this morning for a peppermint mocha--v. sweet but what I was in the mood for--by eyes are still stapled open

10. lynn

lynn New Member

the one i saw at the supermarket is prepackaged tea bags. I went to a herb store and saw dry herbs (are those even considered "tea"??)

11. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Oh, yes. They're the real thing! You can usually buy a little strainer in the herb store, put the dried herbs in it, then pour boiling water onto the herbs, in a teapot or a mug, and allow to infuse for 5 - 10 minutes.

Enjoy!

12. lynn

lynn New Member

Rosa, is your dandelion tea from the roots or leaves?? I think the leaves are the ones that you're not supposed to have after 4pm :wink: ?!!

13. Rosa

Rosa New Member

You're right about the leaves! They are a very strong diuretic. And also naturally rich in potassium, which chemical diuretics leach from the body.

The tea I get from my herbalists is a compound that mainly consists of dandelion leaves and root, but with some other herbs, too. Unfortunately I can't remember what the other herbs are, and as I usually transfer my dandelion tea to a jar and throw away the wrapper, I can't tell you right now. But I'll find out and post the details.

PS: the word "dandelion" in French is "pissenlit", which, literally translated, means "pee-the-bed."

14. Danish Guy

Danish Guy New Member

/me cofeeholic

15. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

:lol: Oh. The things you learn in DF! :lol:

16. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Strange but true! :rolleyes:

17. jcambece

jcambece New Member

The Cambece house loves...

Maxwell house in the morning not going to lie, i love my morning coffee.

18. lynn

lynn New Member

yay, i just ordered bunch of herbal teas online (the dried bulk herbs version) from a local store - yeah, i'm too lazy to pick it up :oops: - hopefully i'll get them next week!!

P.S. I just noticed the organic kind are so much more expensive!! Regular chamomile is about $9/100g and the organic one is more than twice is expensive!!

19. swan

swan Member

I do think it's worth it though. These days, chemicals...In fact, I'm a bit skeptical drinking those Chinese tea now. China is notorious in its farming practice - whether it's vegetable, tea, fish - they would put illegal chemicals in there!

Last time they put cancer causing stuff into farm raising eel (forgot why - cocodrilo may remember this - just this past summer!). God only knows what the tea farmers do to the tea!

Ai-Ya! I'll stick w/ my organic stuff from the US. I buy organic tea from the Whole Foods store. These days I even buy the organic coffee beans - that I can get from Target :) Love Seattle's Best!

20. lynn

lynn New Member

Do all the tea have organic versions?? The store i went to, the majority of the tea does, but the less common ones don't though...