Tango Argentino > Videos > Colgadas AcceptingLovingSharing Gentle" posture

Discussion in 'Videos' started by bordertangoman, Oct 20, 2011.

1. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Colgadas teach us how to relax from that "OldFashoinedOpenChestedStrongTangoDancer" posture to gain an "AcceptingLovingSharing Gentle" posture.

[yt]sZh-3OvddmQ&feature=feedrec_grec_index[/yt]

2. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

Nice. I much prefer this style of modern tango to the snappy harsh style people often adopt when doing performances or demonstrations.

3. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

You know I really venerate this couple, but I find that motto almost impudent.

4. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Huh. Many thoughts...

1) I've danced with Murat in the course of a lesson and he was, without a doubt, the.easiest.clearest.most gentle lead I have ever felt. T'was not like leading and following. T'was that nirvana of "one mind, one body, four legs". Kinda freaky at first--"OMG, I don't know what he's leading! I can't feel anything!... ... ...Oh...huh...I'm doing it. Cool!"

2) As much as I appreciate his (and her) dancing, and their mastery over this style, I don't like this video as a performance. I just didn't find it very musical at all. I actually tend to prefer M&M when they dance more traditionally. However...

3) If this was a post-class demonstration, I thought it was phenomenal. Hell, even if it wasn't, I thought the dancing was amazing. Not what I want my dancing to be like all the time, or even what I want to see others doing all the time, but for what it was, they do it exceptionally well. As an illustration of an idea--impudent or not--it was amazing.

4) ETA: Also, impudent or not, the "motto" or the idea of a softer embrace that accepts and transfers energy being learned from colgadas is a very true one. They are a fantastic way to really understand and explore that whole concept...and there's no way to hide bad technique with it.

Thanks for sharing!

5. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

Hey Zoopsia, if you're out there. Does the section starting around 3:12 in that video ring a bell?

(hint: alternative tanda with the song, Borges Y Paraguay)

:cool:

6. opendoor

Re: "Accepting-Loving-Sharing-Gentle" posture

call out to a drowning people: "Relax and move your arms in circles..."

But their teaching and that subtitling are different shoes, anyway.

7. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Um...what's your point?

8. Hey, I attended that class! :)
    They have a very unique way to approach colgadas, it was a really good class (the other ones weren't that great unfortunately).

9. LadyLeader

LadyLeader Active Member

There is quite many early videos on YouTube where Murat is dancing with several other partners. How do you like them?

10. opendoor

That you were right ;)

11. opendoor

For a long time I favourt the Mariana Galassi period. It resembled more my style and approach than his contemporary work.

12. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

yes i agree i find tis video hypnotic and fascinating..