Country and Western > Colorado Country Classic

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by kayak, May 16, 2007.

1. kayak

kayak Active Member

Anyone been to one of these in June or going this year? We were thinking about going and were kind of wondering how big it was and that sort of thing?

2. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

I"m not familiar with this comp. Is it part of the UCWDC circuit?

3. kayak

kayak Active Member

4. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

It does look like fun! Kayak, do you compete, and if so, in what division?

5. kayak

kayak Active Member

Sort of, I have done one country event in New Mexico and a couple of swing events at the Novice level. I would probably be happy just social dancing, but a couple ladies twisted my arm to join them. Each time has actually been a lot of fun.

6. mikex1337

mikex1337 New Member

I love this event. My wife and I take a vacation to it every year.

7. QQS_Girl

QQS_Girl New Member

went to this event last year and really enjoyed it.

8. kayak

kayak Active Member

Very cool, I got back from vacation and all kinds of positive responses. Looks like we should be going in June :D

9. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

Have a great time and report back to us!

10. kayak

kayak Active Member

It was actually a lot of fun. Wow, there were a lot of good swing dancers there. We had a very full room for the workshops, Jack and Jills and social dancing. I ended up knowing a lot more people at it than I expected. So we had a great time supporting each other. I need to work on my waltz. Otherwise, I was very happy with my dancing and the event.

11. Patch

Patch New Member

I just wanted to thank everyone who showed up for the Country Classic this year. We try hard to show out-of-towners a good time and if there is ever anything we can do to make your stay next year more enjoyable, please don't be afraid to write us and let us know.