Dance Ads > Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by DancingMommy, May 17, 2005.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Does this mean you'll be stocking up when you go to Asia later this year? Some folks I know do that -- take a trip overseas, buy the goods, load up a freight container, and ship it directly to themselves at home. Then their business is stocked for a while. The price differential pays for their travel costs. Pretty cool deal. Although maybe it depends on what you're shipping? (Meaning, duties and regulations may be different depending on the products involved. I have no idea. :? )

2. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

If you've just got a couple kilos of rhinestones, chances are they won't even notice- that way you can avoid the tariffs. Trying to haul home a couple of teak livingroom sets isanother deal...

3. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

HAHAHAHAH

Yes indeed. I bring home stuff for resale regularly. We have 4 paying passengers, so we can bring back 8 *large* suitcases. Last time we brought back 2 matresses. :) And we had *nothing* to declare, lol.

And yes, if we do indeed go to Indo this year, I *will* be stocking up. Unfortunately, my MIL is having a cash flow difficulty and sending us $4000 for plane tix isn't going to happen at this juncture. :)

4. pygmalion

Yeah. If you're shopping just for yourself, you could probably do that. If you're setting up a business to distibute them, you might need a more consistent set-up ... eventually. :?

5. DancingMommy

Which is why I'm getting a stateside wholesaler. :)

I'm open for business now. :)

6. DancingMommy

For those of you interested, I've got a sample page of colors. Not all colors available in all sizes, yada yada yada. PM me with style (swarovski or Preciosa), qty, sizes and date needed and I can get pricing/availability info for you.

Click here to see the color samples.

7. pygmalion

*bump*

I hope business shapes up beautifully for you, DM. :D

8. DancingMommy

Thanks! I'll be getting more info soon. :)

9. DancingJools

DancingJools Member

I don't know about the tariffs - as that is decided on the arrival point of the trip. But on the departure point, be careful about carrying rhinestones. With new security measures (I'm speaking in the US - don't know how that plays in other countries), the x-ray machines don't like the rhinestones. Either they can't see through them, or they just look like a lumpish mass that the security folks can't figure out -- whatever. Sometimes I take a few packs of stones with me when I travel by plane, and invariably I will be asked to open my suitcases and explain what these items are. If the suitcases are x-rayed without me present, they will open them and look for the stones and open the packs to figure out what they are.
    A pack or two probably won't matter. But this happens when I am carrying 10+ packs, give or take (a pack is 10 gross).

10. DancingMommy

We are open for business, lol! Anyone? Bueller?

11. pygmalion

Are the stones posted on your website, yet? 8) (and, btw, do you still have those cutie-cute little dresses? :wink: )

12. DancingMommy

Yes and yes. :)

www.gabriellasclosetonline.com/main.htm <--- This is the all new and improved website to get your deeply discounted swarovski and preciosa stones AND some ultra chic, ultra affordable dresses (not yet up on this site).

Edited to fix the links. 8) And some wonky PHP code. Ugh. Html was so much easier to learn, lol.

13. pygmalion

The dresses are adorable. And reasonably priced. And my size. 8) :wink:

14. DancingMommy

To quote Gwen Stefani: "Tick Tock, Tick Tock ... Whatcha waitin' whatcha waitin' for?"

15. DancingMommy

Thanks to SD for moving this. :)

Stones are available... stones are available.....

New website coming sooon....

16. sunderi

sunderi New Member

So, was I the first customer???

I just ordered some stones from DancingMommy, and it's been a great process so far! :)

17. DancingMommy

You were the very first customer!!! YAY!!! You should get your stones by the weekend. If Monday weren't a holiday, you'd have them by Weds. :)

18. pygmalion

Woohoo! :banana: Good luck with the new business venture, DM. :D

19. DancingMommy

Thanks. I spent 4 hours scanning in Swarovskis & Preciosas and cropping them in photoshop so that they were recognizable. I have a massive head AND back ache from looking at them, lol.

BUT when the new website is up and running, it will be a thing of splendor. Lucky me I've got this really great programmer who works for... well... you know, lol. 8) ::ducks::